2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

if i didnt know better id swear GRIT hit three homers last night...not pulled an 0-5 with an embarssing play in the field
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

IGY always has to bring everyone down, eh?

If you can't "get" that it was the sheer excitement of having one of the best players on the team back for the first time all season, then just quit now and follow another sport.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

charlie

It's called being real.

If there is ever a day where sports is not fun for me to follow... is when I stop following them.

Sgt PSN

Sure, it's exciting having Utley back, but the people who are playing connect the dots with his return and the team scoring 10 runs on a night where he went 0-5 are absolutely nuts.  Are they a better offense with him in the lineup?  Yes.  But some of the crap being spewed online or on the radio or teevee is just vomit inducting.   

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

I assume you're referring to their grit love.  Otherwise, you're just stating the obvious.

reese125

I thought it was honorable for the team to produce 10 runs for Chase Utley.

Rome

Quote from: charlie on May 24, 2011, 09:29:05 AM
It's called being real.

If there is ever a day where sports is fun for me to follow... is when I stop following them.

lol wut

charlie

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 24, 2011, 09:36:06 AM
Wheeler and McCarthy were awful last night.

They're always awful.

I may be the only one that thinks the franske/LA combo is best left on the radio. They would be terrible on tv.

charlie

Quote from: Rome on May 24, 2011, 09:44:07 AM
Quote from: charlie on May 24, 2011, 09:29:05 AM
It's called being real.

If there is ever a day where sports is not fun for me to follow... is when I stop following them.

lol wut

i forgot a word. whoops.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 24, 2011, 09:18:17 AM
IGY always has to bring everyone down, eh?

If you can't "get" that it was the sheer excitement of having one of the best players on the team back for the first time all season, then just quit now and follow another sport.

the fan reaction to his first plate appearance was awesome and totally justified....it all went to hell after that in about as nauseating way possible

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: charlie on May 24, 2011, 09:44:59 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 24, 2011, 09:36:06 AM
Wheeler and McCarthy were awful last night.

They're always awful.

I may be the only one that thinks the franske/LA combo is best left on the radio. They would be terrible on tv.
I know they're always nauseating, but last night was bad even for them.

Wheels wants to jump Utley's bones.

He offers ZERO analysis. None!

His little anecdote about meeting Rolen in the hallway and telling him where he was in the line-up...so farging what, Wheels. Big whoop! You knew the lineup before Rolen. What a farging clown

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

no one is as good on tv as radio just because its a different aniomal with more restrictions...but they wouldnt suck...in fact they would be really good and most importantly they would be a one million percent improvment over the debacle that goes on now up there

PhillyPhreak54

They could exhume Harry and his corpse would be better than those two farging iceholes.