2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

why the farg is cole hamels swinging away with ONE GODDAMN OUT and men on first and third?

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 18, 2011, 08:23:20 PM
every single team since the dawn of time has gone through a rough stretch

and this is the first for the phillies. in the past its never farged them up long term, so hopefully that continues to be the case.

its may 18 or whatever and they finally have a losing streak going. z. o. m. g.

actually they have been going thru this since last may.....but i do understand why you would want to ignore the past year pretend that its just a slump or its injuries or when GRIT comes back all will be well
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

nomar just asked "how often do we see a game where if either team loses they could fall out of first place in may"

WHAT?!?!?

MDS

yea theyve been terrible since may of 2010, or something. is that what youre shooting for?

as i see it here at the 3 levels of fandom

1. havas--doom and gloom, world is ending, season is over, drama queen x 100000 over the top hyperbole
2. everyone else--overreacting to everything they see WIP style
3. me--blindly confident theyll wind up alright and too old to do group 2 again
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on May 18, 2011, 08:26:33 PM
why the farg is cole hamels swinging away with ONE GODDAMN OUT and men on first and third?

Yeah, I really don't understand why he doesn't bunt there.  I don't know if that was him or Charlie, but I have to assume it was Chuck's call.  I guess when your offense has been as bad as the Phils in recent weeks, you look anywhere for a spark. 

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 18, 2011, 08:32:09 PM
Quote from: Rome on May 18, 2011, 08:26:33 PM

Yeah, I really don't understand why he doesn't bunt there.  I don't know if that was him or Charlie, but I have to assume it was Chuck's call.  I guess when your offense has been as bad as the Phils in recent weeks, you look anywhere for a spark. 

i have no clue what coles FB/GB splits are but hes got a 90% chance to make an out and probably like a 30-40% chance that thats a flyball. contrast that to jimmy's roughly 27% chance to get a hit and im guessing cole hitting a sac fly is the better percentage play.

im not even a saber geek but baseball really is just numbers.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 18, 2011, 08:30:34 PM
nomar just asked "how often do we see a game where if either team loses they could fall out of first place in may"

WHAT?!?!?

Yeah, I don't get it either.  I mean, I get what he was saying I just don't understand the point in saying it.  Like 2 division leaders with a .5 game lead playing against each other in May is some once in a hundred years kind of thing.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 18, 2011, 08:31:26 PM
yea theyve been terrible since may of 2010, or something. is that what youre shooting for?

as i see it here at the 3 levels of fandom

1. havas--doom and gloom, world is ending, season is over, drama queen x 100000 over the top hyperbole
2. everyone else--overreacting to everything they see WIP style
3. me--blindly confident theyll wind up alright and too old to do group 2 again

1. nothing matters unless they win the world series and they arent going to - me
2. i love overreacting but deep down they are winning the world series - everyone else
3. i think they are the greatest and love them no matter what happens - you , wheels, exits 1-6 on the nj turnpike

Sgt PSN

MDS

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 18, 2011, 08:35:39 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 18, 2011, 08:30:34 PM

WHAT?!?!?

Yeah, I don't get it either.  I mean, I get what he was saying I just don't understand the point in saying it.  Like 2 division leaders with a .5 game lead playing against each other in May is some once in a hundred years kind of thing.

exactly...thing was he didnt even know what he was getting into and towards the end he was stammering thinking how do i exit this and his way of doing it was to say IN MAY....which of course made it less sensical

Sgt PSN

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on May 18, 2011, 08:38:33 PM
#3 is actually how i feel about you

#2 is how I feel about you.  And by #2 I mean poop. 

MDS

so hamels is pitching pretty well tonight

but his vagina might flare up at any second lol macho manly man super cool beer baseball couch lol