2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

somehow the phillies went from having the best rotation in the history of the sport to not even having the best rotation in their own division
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 15, 2011, 02:55:17 PM
Quote from: MDS on May 15, 2011, 02:46:39 PM
you all should be used to it

its not 2008 anymore. i thought this was covered.

No we should not be used to it. They should be hitting the ball not flailing away like some goddamn juco team.

they have 3 above average hitters at their positions in their lineup, and that is being kind to jimmy

there isnt a lot of talent in the everyday lineup and there was never going to be a lot of talent. i said this in january but i guess youve got me confused with a man who 'peats himself: get used to 1-0, 2-1 and 3-2 games.

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 15, 2011, 02:58:44 PM
somehow the phillies went from having the best rotation in the history of the sport to not even having the best rotation in their own division

lol
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

how happy is halladay to have chooch back behind the plate instead of that pos sardinia

Sgt PSN

Does it matter who is catching when the offense isn't giving him run support? 

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 15, 2011, 03:22:22 PM
Quote from: MDS on May 15, 2011, 02:13:54 PM
Quote from: Rome on May 15, 2011, 02:10:05 PM
Feeble bats are at it again.

lol what

its the 2nd inning, grandpa

6th inning now.

What say you?

i say you can suck on big john mayberrys black dong and hope halladay can take it from here
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on May 15, 2011, 03:28:59 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 15, 2011, 03:22:22 PM
Quote from: MDS on May 15, 2011, 02:13:54 PM
Quote from: Rome on May 15, 2011, 02:10:05 PM
Feeble bats are at it again.

lol what

its the 2nd inning, grandpa

6th inning now.

What say you?

i say you can suck on big john mayberrys black dong and hope halladay can take it from here

I'll leave the sucking to you, pal.  Because one HR is the cure-all for the zesty bats!

On a side note - I did say that Mayberry would be a good contributor this year.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 15, 2011, 03:32:09 PMI'll leave the sucking to you, pal.  Because one HR is the cure-all for the zesty bats!

On a side note - I did say that Mayberry would be a good contributor this year.

the cure all is a time machine to 2007

Don Ho

Watching this game with the throwbacks makes it feel like 1979 and running down the hill to my friends house to watch the bums on TBS.  My neighborhood didn't get cable until 1981 so seeing the Phils on TV was like Xmas day.

I love these blue road throwbacks.  I really hate watching Choke strike out.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

now that we are into their bullpen huge advantage braves....really its hard to believe that the phils are 4.5 games ahead of them because nowhere do the phils have an advantage over atlanta

Don Ho

Don Ho