2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on May 09, 2011, 10:09:00 PM
tomorrow is going to be awesome with halladay and johnson.   :yay

I hope it's on national tv but knowing ESPN they need to make their quota of 25 Red Sox games a month.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 08, 2011, 10:39:08 PM
12 wins would be a good benchmark number...whats everone else think they should get?

atl - L
atl - W
atl - L

at fla - W
at fla
at fla

at atl
at atl
at atl

at stl
at stl

col
col

tex
tex
tex

cinn
cinn
cinn
cinn

currently 2-2
remaining record needed for 12 wins = 10-6
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

charlie

This game has the potential to be 90 minutes long.

BigEd76

Quote from: Don Ho on May 10, 2011, 02:42:03 AMI hope it's on national tv

Nope.  Cardinals/Cubs on MLBN (with Reds/Astros as the alternate)

ice grillin you

Quote from: Don Ho on May 10, 2011, 02:42:03 AM

I hope it's on national tv but knowing ESPN they need to make their quota of 25 Red Sox games a month.

phillies have been on sunday night baseball two weeks in a row and are next monday nights espn game

yanks sox is this sundays broadcast but i dont think you can complain at all about the amount of coverage the phils get...also espn doesnt have tuesday nite games

Don Ho

You're right about that.  Two Sunday night games in a row was shocking.  Did I hear FOX is starting prime time games on Saturday nights?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

for the next 3 weeks, yea.  This week it's ....shocking.... Red Sox/Yankees

btw grit joined Clearwater and will play tonight, so he'll be back within 3 weeks

phillycrew

ice grillin you

because its a ridiculous notion...in fact the whole idea that players can just flip a switch and have big years in a contract year is one of the dumbest wives tales in all of sports and if you look back at contract years thruout all sports youd find there is no correlation btwn those years and vastly improved statistics

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

charlie

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 10, 2011, 01:49:00 PM
because its a ridiculous notion...in fact the whole idea that players can just flip a switch and have big years in a contract year is one of the dumbest wives tales in all of sports and if you look back at contract years thruout all sports youd find there is no correlation btwn those years and vastly improved statistics

link?

ice grillin you

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 10, 2011, 08:19:55 AMcurrently 2-2
remaining record needed for 12 wins = 10-6

lol @ this continuing

so the 3-2 record the phillies had vs. atl and florida coming into this "stretch" meant nothing? and since when does an irrelevent team like st. louis matter, especially for a 2-game series. farg even the 2-gamer against colorado is pointless. its 2 random games in the middle of may.

every single player couldnt give 2 fargs who they are playing yet there you are, charting how they do against these teams like it means anything.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Sgt PSN

Quote from: phillycrew on May 10, 2011, 01:44:26 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 09, 2011, 10:03:50 PM
Madson + Contract Year = Closer Mentality

I said this earlier in the year and was skewered.

I don't know if you were serious or not, but I said mine in jest.  I mean the guy's had what, 3 or 4 save opportunities?  Big deal.  If we get into late June or early July and he's got 15+ saves with 2 or fewer blown, then maybe the guy is dialed in a little more because he's playing for a new contract.  But for the most part, I actually agree with igy on this issue:

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 10, 2011, 01:49:00 PM

Jayson Werth is a perfect example.  So is Derrick Jeter (although you could make the argument that Jeter has already been caked off plenty).  Still, both of them were in contract years last year and both performed below expectations.  Neither were terrible, but they didn't do anything last year to warrant the contracts they each received.