2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Thank god the Marlins were sloppy on that play there.

F Ibanez for that awful AB. I turned it on right when Choke singled So just in time to see Raul cranked that one deeeeep to the catcher.

MDS

obviously swinged at a poor pitch there but generally raul has had good at bats and his approach to the plate has been superb

now hes not really doing a whole lot with what hes swinging at but generally hes not getting himself out like that
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 09, 2011, 08:12:26 PM
obviously swinged at a poor pitch there but generally raul has had good at bats and his approach to the plate has been superb

now hes not really doing a whole lot with what hes swinging at but generally hes not getting himself out like that

Quote from: rjs246 on May 09, 2011, 08:29:38 PM
Swinged. Journalism.

lol...i also love ibanez approach to the plate....the way he struts from the dugout to the batters box is so sexy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Four DPs thrown by Joey B - good shtein.

It's time to pull the plug on Michael Martinez - does he have more than a couple hits? He's 28 years old. Offer him back to the Nats and get someone else in there

MDS

Quote from: rjs246 on May 09, 2011, 08:29:38 PM
Swinged. Journalism.

lol

rare legit funny from russ

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 09, 2011, 08:37:45 PMi also love ibanez approach to the plate....the way he struts from the dugout to the batters box is so sexy

you know what i mean. he works the count, takes his walks and doesnt swing out of the zone too often. the difference is off the roids and at 39 the homers are now flyballs, the singles are groundouts, the doubles in the corner are humpback liners to 2nd.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

The Marlins reliever just ripped his hamstring to pieces.

I actually felt bad for the guy.  For a second.  farg the Marlins.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Rome on May 09, 2011, 09:11:44 PM
The Marlins reliever just ripped his hamstring to pieces.

I actually felt bad for the guy.  For a second.  farg the Marlins.

I thought they were working on his knee.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Phils announcers vs Marlins announcers

Death by gunshot or strangulation.

Wheels seems amazed by Vance Worley soaked hat. It's sweat Wheels, not some goddamn phenomenon.

And I'm sure he's sad that his man-crush Logan Morrison isn't playing.

Eagles_Legendz

Sgt PSN

MDS

i was hoping manuel was gonna let worley finish the game, just for kicks

and oh by the way, thats 2 wins over the braves and marlins with kyle kendrick and joe blanton starting. so far 0-2 with hamels and lee. baseball makes sense.

now i wonder what the back of the baseball card tells havas to think about that.

Eagles_Legendz

tomorrow is going to be awesome with halladay and johnson.   :yay

Geowhizzer

Rome, are you hitting either of the Marlins games this week?

I would love to get there, but school schedule this month is too hellish.  And, of course, when they come back this summer, I'll be in... Philadelphia.