2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 08, 2011, 10:53:26 PM
rangers suck right now and cincy shouldnt be much to worry about....which is why i think 12 is a fair number....ten would be horrible if you have world series aspirations for this team...you cant go .500 and think you are a ws contender

With the offense like it is right now, I would be OK with 10...that would keep them at 11 games above .500

HERE WE GO VICTORINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 08, 2011, 11:01:12 PM
what are the odds of dumb-orino hitting into a DP here

He will probably strike out and bury himself into the ground.

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

if you just go by the look test and not the records because the braves have actually played a real schedule...atlanta just looks more like a complete team than the phillies....they got a better lineup almost equivalent pitching a real closer....phillies have holes everywhere braves seem like a complete team...not a great team but a filled out one

now if GRIT and contreas both come back 100% then the situation may change but right now i dont see how the phillies beat out the braves for the division
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

You're right igy, the Braves do look like a much more complete team.  Right now the bums have some serious holes.

Munson

Don't worry, they get fatty Joe back tomorrow, then they've got the 7th best pitcher in the division going Tuesday.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 08, 2011, 11:03:50 PM
if you just go by the look test and not the records because the braves have actually played a real schedule...atlanta just looks more like a complete team than the phillies....they got a better lineup almost equivalent pitching a real closer....phillies have holes everywhere braves seem like a complete team...not a great team but a filled out one

now if GRIT and contreas both come back 100% then the situation may change but right now i dont see how the phillies beat out the braves for the division

I dont agree that ATL looks like a more complete team.

What are your reasons for believing this?

Don Ho

Not to worried though.  Amaro Inc. will get another bat and once Lee starts getting some run support they'lll go on a tear. Way to early to send out the SOS.

Munson

his reasons are the Phils lost a few games so he decided to come post about Team X being the next team to be better than the Phillies.

The Braves lineup has been atrocious this year more or less. They're pretty much the same exact team as the Phils with slightly less better starting pitching and a better middle-back end of the bullpen.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 08, 2011, 11:03:50 PM

oh sweet lord how much how much how much. lets make it 75 for all i care.

right now with the phillies missing half their lineup and pitching some called michael stutes in the 8th inning they are roughly even with atlanta

lets just see how the rosters look in sept, and i imagine they will not include dane sardinha and scott matheison
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.