2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

i dont do the moneyball stuff either

but you just cant arbitrarily look at losses and say that it means a pitcher is bad.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

a pitcher is bad if he doesnt get more wins than losses...i dont think thats to much to ask even from a money baller
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 06, 2011, 09:25:42 PM
This offense looks like shtein.

welcome to the 2011 phils...and you think its bad now wait until the next couple months when they start playing real teams...i dont what the nhumber is but god damn has their schedule been ridiculously stacked so far

MDS

most of the time, yea

but if im 10-15 but have a 2.30 ERA and with a 1.10 WHIP doesnt that mean theres something wrong with my offense, not me? then you look at my game log and im losing all these 2-1, 1-0, 2-0 games because i cant get any runs scored for me. or when i do get runs my closer blows it and i dont get the win.

its really, really arbitrary. the whole thing. i know its tough for an old head to accept this but its just not something you need to pay attention to. when looking at cole hamels' game log from 2010 the first thing that pops to my mind is holy shtein they didnt score any runs for him, not holy shtein he sucks for losing all these 1-0 games.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 06, 2011, 09:25:42 PM
This offense looks like shtein.

lowe was unreal until the 7th, no one was hitting him, not even a good lineup.

in the 7th, as you saw, howard and ibanez did what they have always have done against lhp. the difference was they dont have werth anymore.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

They have to make a deadline move for a bat.

And LOL at Ruben Amaro wondering if Oswalt tweaked his back while cleaning up his property. Is this guy farging serious?

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 06, 2011, 09:10:50 PM
this is where the phillies really miss werth....he at minimum puts this ball in the gap if not a three run shot...francisco on the other hand is garbage

Didn't Werth have a ridiculously low average last year with RISP?

Munson

Yeah he was like .182 with RISP last year

And by IGY's logic, Felix Hernandez was NOT a good pitcher last year

This is embarrassing
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 06, 2011, 09:32:44 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 06, 2011, 09:10:50 PM
this is where the phillies really miss werth....he at minimum puts this ball in the gap if not a three run shot...francisco on the other hand is garbage

Didn't Werth have a ridiculously low average last year with RISP?

last year, but thats kind of another random stat year to year since he was historically pretty good in those spots

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 06, 2011, 09:32:19 PM
They have to make a deadline move for a bat.

And LOL at Ruben Amaro wondering if Oswalt tweaked his back while cleaning up his property. Is this guy farging serious?

hey i started the carlos quintein watch.

and keep in mind, if all goes well, utley will be back by memorial day and theyll slide polanco down to 5th. hell have a 1-2 month tryout protecting howard and well see how it goes.

also i love your continued rube hate. its terrific.

ice grillin you

even you cant believe GRIT is going to come back and contribute in any meaningful way this year

MDS

hell be meaningful in the sense that he will be better than orr/valdez

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 06, 2011, 09:41:11 PM
even you cant believe GRIT is going to come back and contribute in any meaningful way this year

Has to be better than Valdez or Orr.

Quote from: MDS on May 06, 2011, 09:42:53 PM
hell be meaningful in the sense that he will be better than orr/valdez

Yeah - what he said.

ice grillin you

no he really doesnt have to be better than that

i can easily see him playing seven games then going back on the dl with knee soreness

theres no middle ground for GRIT...hes either going to be really good...ie be himself..... or hes going to be worthless...hes not going to suck but be a little better than valdez

MDS

its quite possible

but without looking at the numbers im willing to guess the phillies are getting the least amount of production out of 2B in the majors so im gonna take a shot with some GRIT

PhillyPhreak54