2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I think they give Rollins a legacy contract.  Say two years & twenty million.  Freddy Galvis is almost ready, though.  If he continues to hit in the minors Rollins might be gone.  Galvis is definitely ready with the leather.

PhillyPhreak54

Rollins needs to be re-signed.

Blanton needs to be sent outta town to open up a spot for Worley.

Herndon needs to stay in Lehigh. Stutes' stuff is filthy.

Love Jimmy back at the top with Vic and Polanco behind him.

Welcome back Raul, how was your working vacation?

I thought Valdez for sure was going to GIDP when he came up with the bases loaded.

Rome

Rollins does need to be re-signed but you're not going to break the bank on him, are you?  Like I said, two years, twenty million with a mutual option for a third.  That's as far as I'd go with him.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on May 04, 2011, 09:45:54 PM
Rollins does need to be re-signed but you're not going to break the bank on him, are you?  Like I said, two years, twenty million with a mutual option for a third.  That's as far as I'd go with him.

I think that's fair. 2+ an option.

Good win. Joan Baez was feeling charitable in the 9th.

How about that 2/3 guarantee, Mr Havas?

Rome

You won't see that Jew till the next two game losing streak.

Munson

^^^PRetty much. Dude only comes around this thread/Flyers thread when they're losing.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

BigEd76

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

was it even that cold?

this is mcnabb in the parka at the ravens game part II
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Munson

The woman in front of him's facial features are all squeezed into a very small area on that giant fat head of hers
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on May 04, 2011, 09:27:13 PM
I think they give Rollins a legacy contract.  Say two years & twenty million.  Freddy Galvis is almost ready, though.  If he continues to hit in the minors Rollins might be gone.  Galvis is definitely ready with the leather.

not only is freddy galvis not close to ready but he also will never be anything more than a defensive replacement infielder...he is NOT jimmys replacement
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Opinions vary, sunshine.

I'll take the word of scouts and BBA over yours.

SD

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Munson on May 05, 2011, 02:16:03 AM
The woman in front of him's facial features are all squeezed into a very small area on that giant fat head of hers

She looks like she came off the ship on Wall-E

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen