2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 27, 2011, 01:54:50 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 27, 2011, 01:20:06 PM
Oswalt has left the team for personal reasons according to the beat writers - no word on what exactly the personal reasons are and when he will return.

wow...karma is a mother farger and was one of my biggest fears entering the season...you just knew when they assembled the best staff of all time that it wouldnt go as planned and most likely would not end well

Slow your roll homie.  It's April and Oswalt's taking some personal time.  He just started yesterday, so as long as it's nothing serious, he'll hopefully be back in time to make his next start.  Either way, it's way too early in the season to say that it isn't going to end well. 

That said, the big 4 haven't gotten off to the blazing start that we had hoped for.  But they'll be fine.  Will it be enough in Oct?  No idea, but I'd still take that rotation in a 7 game series over the most high powered offense every time.  The problem is that they could all go out and pitch complete games, giving up a run or 2 and still lose. 

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

charlie

Rome

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 27, 2011, 02:17:08 PM
lol...personal reasons typically mean a death or illness in the family that he has to tend to. The whole city is all crazed over this news...I'm reading posts like, "He's probably addicted to painkillers" or "He needs major surgery". When was the last time a player "left or was excused for personal reasons" and it was injury-related?

actually nobody is crazed over the news or saying anything like you are speculating
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SunMo on April 27, 2011, 02:36:05 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 27, 2011, 02:17:08 PM
lol...personal reasons typically mean a death or illness in the family that he has to tend to. The whole city is all crazed over this news...I'm reading posts like, "He's probably addicted to painkillers" or "He needs major surgery". When was the last time a player "left or was excused for personal reasons" and it was injury-related?

actually nobody is crazed over the news or saying anything like you are speculating

I made the mistake of reading a few blogs. So yes, they are.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 27, 2011, 02:22:04 PM
Tornado in Oswalt's hometown, he left for that.

Strained his back.  Got hit hard last night.  Now this. 

It's really been a whirlwind week for him. 

rjs246

Plus his wife is pregnant with someone else's huge baby according to city-wide blogging sources I just made up.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

two guys in the breakroom were saying they weren't really worried, i'm going to extrapolate that to mean the entire southeast region of Pennsylvania isn't worried

rjs246

I'm worried. But I'm more central Virginia than SEPA, so I guess you're still ok there.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

charlie

It's extremely selfish of him to leave the team just to go watch a tornado.

One pitcher maybe missing a start or 2 was one of my biggest fears, and could spell the end of the season.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 27, 2011, 02:39:25 PM

I laughed.

Sgt PSN

\
Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 27, 2011, 02:55:48 PM

I laughed.

All of southern NJ thinks I'm funny. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 27, 2011, 02:59:13 PM
\
Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 27, 2011, 02:55:48 PM

Strained his back.  Got hit hard last night.  Now this.  

I laughed.

All of southern NJ thinks I'm funny.  

also women (friends, how i met your mother ) and old men (three stooges, honeymooners, laurel and hardy)...i dont think your comedy has to exactly be game tight for that audience to laugh it up
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous