2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Green light when it comes to bitchng about Herndon.  Anyone, anytime, anywhere, any situation...........
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

go on and get your angry on, J

games in april against the dbacks are worth it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Don Ho on April 27, 2011, 12:06:29 AM
Green light when it comes to bitchng about Herndon.  Anyone, anytime, anywhere, any situation...........

My squaw got all pissed off at me because I was complaining about him during coitus.  I don't even know what she was mad about....she ended up getting a solid grudge farging. 

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on April 26, 2011, 11:14:44 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 26, 2011, 10:14:17 PMI didn't like them allowing Durbin to leave. Nor did I like the fact that they kept Baez and Kendrick. I don't care if they spent three trillion bucks on starters. Middle relief is the easiest thing to acquire and Amaro failed.

durbin left because of money. i think that had more to do with the owners not letting them spend an extra 2-3 mil than anything. they are close to the luxury tax and wanted to leave some wiggle room for midseason.

baez was on the second year of his deal. they werent eating his salary. he was bad last year, sure, but historically hes a fairly capable pitcher.
kendrick is not that bad. hes an insurance option for the rotation and a long relief guy. who is out and there and a better option? cc sabathia? the ghost of 1995 greg maddux? get a grip, buddy. kyle kendricks grow on trees. every team has them filling out their pen and their rotation.

also, middle relief is the most randomly difficult things to find. guys go from good to bad to out of the league to all star in a second. no rhyme or reason for it. there really were no moves amaro could have made. im sure you wanted them to throw money at rafael soriano and push lidge to the curb, eat salary, pay durbin what he wants, etc, bla bla bla. but those were not logical or possible moves.

the bullpen is the LEAST of the concerns and that fact that you are crying about is confusing and most certainly tied to your hatred of rube. you are a top 3 rube hater and a top 3 mcnabb homer. crazy stuff in your head my man.

things to complain about
1. the complete lack of offensive production/overall talent out of the corner outfielders
2. everything else

No Todd, what I wanted was better depth and some sort of contingency plan should Lidge bite the bullet as he did. Nothing what I am saying is irrational and I am not saying they should have spent dumb money but there was options out there.

Just like the corner OF positions, they hoped they could scrape by with lesser options. This BP could be a problem and the 15-7 record that is being touted could turn around quick.

BigEd76

SECOND PLACE

Who cares...the Flyers won.  Cole will get em tomorrow

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on April 27, 2011, 12:07:17 AM
go on and get your angry on, J

games in april against the dbacks are worth it

I don't understand this line of thinking.

Do April games not count?

When should I start to care?

Losing a series to the DBacks doesn't bother you?

And once again - you seem to think I am angry. Why is posting bitches (and cheers, because I do get excited about this team believe it r not) always looked at like I am this huge farging Negadelphian?

I'd make the same comments sitting in the park or watching a game with you. But I assume you'd sit there like a zombie because its only April, right?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 27, 2011, 12:14:33 AM
Just like the corner OF positions, they hoped they could scrape by with lesser options. This BP could be a problem and the 15-7 record that is being touted could turn around quick.

I'm more annoyed about the corner OF positions than I am with the bullpen.  Everyone knew that Raul was washed up since Jul 2009 and they still haven't addressed it.  It'd be one thing if they still had Werth because then they could platoon Ibanez and Francisco, but now their hands are tied until HOF Brown is ready to give the bigs another shot.  And even then, it's still a crap shoot as to whether or not he'll produce.  The only reason I can imagine the Raul is still getting  the starts in LF is because he's the only other lefty in the lineup besides Howard.  If/when Grit makes it back, I hope to see Ibanez's playing time reduced. 

Don Ho

Don Ho

The only disaster in the bullpen is Herndon.  basticho is going to be awesome.  Madson got his thing going.  Kendrick's going to work out fine.  Oh, and Zagurski is huge.

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 27, 2011, 12:14:33 AMNo Todd, what I wanted was better depth and some sort of contingency plan should Lidge bite the bullet as he did. Nothing what I am saying is irrational and I am not saying they should have spent dumb money but there was options out there.

better depth? who could they have gotten? give me names instead of just saying oh they could have done better. because based on the market what they have is pretty much the best they could have come up with. also, the bullpen is actually not bad. so...you are just whining about nothing.

corner OF wise the market was terrible aside from werth and crawford. logically they were stuck with what they have until the trade market opens up in july. its not about "scraping by with lesser options," its about not over-paying for third rate talent. again, tell me what amaro could have done over the winter. i submit nothing. francisco and ibanez and brown were it. see what you get out of them, then deal with it in july.

but i guess youre right, they are 15-7 but they really suck. bullpen blows, offense sucks, starters arent that good. seasons over. farg amaro. bring back mcnabb.

and
-april games dont count that much
-losing a series to the dbacks doesnt bother me. ill forget about this like every single player tomorrow. who cares. they are 4-2 on the road trip. what difference does it make where the two losses came from.
-these games are like spring training. kind of seeing what you got. im not punching walls until october because, you know, its april.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Ibanez is now 0-25 and sporting a sexy .171 average

HOF Brown where are youuuuuu?

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds