2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

At Doc or Herndon?  Doc, no.  He pitched well enough.  Herndon, yes.  Anyone who steps in the box should be booed mercilessly as well.  Offense has stunk up the joint these last 2 nights.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 19, 2011, 09:19:51 PM
Hey Boo Police;

Are we allowed to?!?

go for it but youll be fondling cliff lee's balls if he pitches well tomorrow

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

So...if the Phils are playing like shtein one night, Phreak's going to talk about it...and if they play great tomorrow....Phreak's going to talk about it?

:o

shocking
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

LOL @ Francisco giving Cholly a big F.U. for putting him in. 

Don Ho

Let's Go Flyers!

God that was pitiful to watch tonight.  A JRoll bunt single and a double by Vic is all they could muster up on Randy Wolf?  Nothing out of the norm.  April has always been rough on these bats.  Doc had to be feeling the effects of his 120+ pitch outing last week.  Extra day of rest or not he throws a shtein load of pitches.  I keep forgetting what a good lineup the Brewers have.  Braun is on a tear right now.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 19, 2011, 09:45:34 PM

explain i thankfully did not watch this abortion
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

5-1 against mets and astros
5-5 against the rest of the league

offense might lose them the division but whats more troubling is that their two aces have not just lost in the first three weeks of the season but have had train wreck starts
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Not the least bit worried about the starters.  The bullpen has been spotty but not awful.

The offense is a huge concern, though.  No one is hitting and they all look like they're pressing.  Time for a shakeup, especially Ibanez.

1 Rollins
2 Vic
3 Chooch
4 Choke
5 Polly
6 Valdez
7 Mayberry
8 Ibanez

Boom.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 20, 2011, 07:09:15 AM
offense might lose them the division but whats more troubling is that their two aces have not just lost in the first three weeks of the season but have had train wreck starts

Every starter has a bad start now and again...lol at 'troubling'.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 20, 2011, 07:28:33 AM
Not the least bit worried about the starters.  The bullpen has been spotty but not awful.

The offense is a huge concern, though.  No one is hitting and they all look like they're pressing.  Time for a shakeup, especially Ibanez.

1 Rollins
2 Vic
3 Chooch
4 Choke
5 Polly
6 Valdez
7 Mayberry
8 Ibanez

Boom.

im not worried that they have lost they are going to do that a lot with this offense....im worried that in the first couple weeks when pitching is supposed to be ahead of hitting both lee and halladay have been savaged

the offense is an abortion but it was always gonna be that....i dont care how good your pitching is you cant put that kind of pressure on your guys every single nite....amaro vastly underrated how important offense is when putting this team together
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Ruben would never do that.

I read yesterday that they have 7 XBH in their last 9 games. Powerful!

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on April 20, 2011, 01:16:47 AM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 19, 2011, 09:45:34 PM

explain i thankfully did not watch this abortion
Quote from: Don Ho on April 20, 2011, 02:27:51 AM
Missed that as well.  What'd Ben do?

Heading into the top of the 9th, it's 9-0 so Cholly pulled Howard and put Mayberry on 1st and then threw Francisco out in RF.  In addition to the game being over, it's rainy and chilly and all that so I'm sure Ben was a little annoyed at having to loosen up and go stand in the outfield for a few.  So he comes up to bat in the bottom of the inning and took a hack at the first pitch he saw and hit a lazy fly ball.  Definitely didn't seem like he wanted to be out there and I can't say I really blame him.  If it's a tight game, that's one thing but there really wasn't any reason to make the switch. 

charlie

There's a reason as to why Ben Francisco has all but lost his job less than 3 weeks into the season.