2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 18, 2011, 11:00:33 PM
walk on 4 pitches, error, hit batter. 2 total strikes I think? Wild pitch. Walk.

I had to leave after 6 innings and was getting updates from my dad.  He failed to mention how Kendrick imploded.  Is this for real?   walk, error, hit batter, WP, walk?  Holy farg.  :boom
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Don Ho on April 19, 2011, 03:48:58 AM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 18, 2011, 11:00:33 PM
walk on 4 pitches, error, hit batter. 2 total strikes I think? Wild pitch. Walk.

I had to leave after 6 innings and was getting updates from my dad.  He failed to mention how Kendrick imploded.  Is this for real?   walk, error, hit batter, WP, walk?  Holy farg.  :boom

Yeah, he sucked. And if you left after six, that means you missed a total of two hits (both singles) by the starting lineup. Hell, that would have been true if you left after four.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Actually, it was...until Kendrick.

IGY, go watch your Braves instead. They're lighting shtein up. SO much more fun to watch.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

their offense is beyond painful

dumbest player ever victorino
choke with no help around him going really bad
a cooked jimmy
wilson valdez
ben francisco
a no more roided out 40 year old ibanez

when a slap hitter and a playing way above his means #8 hitting catcher are ther most exciting things on your offense it becomes excrutiating

SD

Yet they're still 4th in the NL in runs scored and have the second best record.

Rome

Their offense has been anemic since that first homestand, though.   I think that's what hes getting at.

SD

yet they're still 4th in the NL in hitting and have the second best record

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Predictable Orodenker responses.

Is there a bigger shill right now than Toddly?

charlie

I love this thread.

I'm rooting for a rain out tonight since I have tickets and the other person bailed on me, i would rather not waste them.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 19, 2011, 10:08:05 AM
Their offense has been anemic since that first homestand, though.   I think that's what hes getting at.

it was really the first two series...of course that was also against the mets and astros...since then i think they have scored more than four runs once

the good news is that they arent yet having multiple shutouts and one run games every week like they did last year

short of GRIT coming back at close to 100% there is nothing on the horizon that says they are going to be watchable on offense this year

more good news?....its that we knew this coming in

still doesnt make it any better to watch tho

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 19, 2011, 10:45:13 AMmore good news?....its that we knew this coming in

still doesnt make it any better to watch tho

exactly

they are going to lose a lot of games like this and win a lot like this. last night it happened to go against them because the back end of the bullpen happened to blink before the brewers' did. kind of random in a way.

the offense isnt very good, but we already knew that. getting hof brown back or even utley im not sure will make much of a difference. they went into the season with a replacement-level player in wilson valdez, a disgustingly washed up ibanez, a crappy bench player in francisco, and 2 guys on their last legs in jimmy and polanco.

what did you expect to happen? 8 runs a game?

i told you all before the season expect a lot of 3-2, 2-1 games. theyll win enough of these to make the playoffs, then well really see what theyre made of when they get there.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.