2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

That has to be embarrassing to the Nats players and fans.  It sounds completely like a Phils home game.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

farging Werth just getting lite up by the Phils fans on his little stroll back to the dugout  :-D

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah the Nats even marketed and advertised tickets in the Philly market last year of the yea before if I remember right

MDS

they need money and no one in DC is coming out

which makes the werth signing even worse
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 15, 2011, 12:20:02 AM
saturday is going to be a clusterfarg of epic porportions

we have our fantasy draft in my basement at noon....beers start at like 9...draft then a 30 person group to go watch 88 mph fastball roy oswalt....hope he brings earplugs

So....how that work out for ya? Did his earplugs block out the derogatory chants directed at him for tossing shutout ball?

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm going to guess that it was the best night of his life, and it wasn't even close.

Rome

They showed shots of the outfield and without exaggeration it looked like at least 80 percent Phillies fans in the stands.

It reminded me of the Vet in 86 or 87 when the Mets would come to town.  Totally embarrassing.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on August 21, 2011, 08:32:12 AM
They showed shots of the outfield and without exaggeration it looked like at least 80 percent Phillies fans in the stands.

It reminded me of the Vet in 86 or 87 when the Mets would come to town.  Totally embarrassing.

I remember a Phils-Mets game during college (around 1990-1991) that the Phils lost 14-2.  By the eighth inning, I think I was the only Phils fan left in my section.

MDS

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Don Ho

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sgt PSN