2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

It's pretty sick to sit here and know that there was actually a minuscule possibility (instead of accepting that there's no chance) of a no-no and be pissed off at Myers for getting a hit.

God I love Roy Halladay. Homo. Very homo.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

It's good to see that the batters have put an emphasis on working the count this season.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

PoopyfaceMcGee

Wilson Valdez with the first XBH of the season! Excitement abounds!

Eagles_Legendz

ice grillin you

oh i remembered...and i mentally prepared myself all offseason for it so to hopefully not meltdown at all this year or at least much less frequently

difference this year is that they actually suck instead of having a stoked lineup and just being jerk offs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

big question is what they do when they get people on...do they still play homer ball or do they play smart and go 1 run at a time

so far...ibanez still thinks its 2006
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2011, 01:54:49 PM
difference this year is that they actually suck instead of having a stoked lineup and just being jerk offs

Having such a high powered and explosive offense the last 5 years has spoiled us.  People are saying that because the Phils don't have a top 2 or 3 offense that it means they must be bottom 3.  They look at the loss of Werth and Grit's injury and see doom and gloom.  I don't see it that way.  I see this offense still being top 10 worthy, which is all they need to be with this rotation. 

Most people look at the potential drop off in offense and think they're going to be terrible.  I think they'll still be above average.

PS...Luis Castillo would have dropped that pop up.   

Sgt PSN

How awesome would this offense be with Brett Myers in the lineup? 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

MDS

lol @ at pulling halladay so pete orr can pinch hit

and then he brings in jc romero and david herndon

NOT GOOD

ice grillin you

welcome to 2011....this is what you are gonna get all season...but today was even insult to injury because brett myers out pitched roy halladay

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on April 01, 2011, 02:40:37 PM
lol @ at pulling halladay so pete orr can pinch hit

he was over a hundred pitches on opening day....he has to come out there

Sgt PSN

Wow....former Phils kicking their asses today.  Myers and Bourne.  And the bullpen does nothing to give anyone confidence in them at all.