2016 Head Coach Search

Started by Butchers Bill, December 29, 2015, 07:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

is hue a "retread"

1 season at a dysfunctional place with a maniac owner?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i just dont know what hue jackson has ever really done that would make anyone think hed be a great coach...his resume is underwhelming...i dont have anything against him but hes less than impressive to me...just another cat
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 05, 2016, 03:04:14 PM
i just dont know what hue jackson has ever really done that would make anyone think hed be a great coach...his resume is underwhelming...i dont have anything against him but hes less than impressive to me...just another cat

I just checked his "resume" and he's not nearly as bland as I thought he might be.  Pretty wide ranging experience as various position coaches and a few different stints as OC.  Raiders offense actually wasn't bad under him at all.  6th in the NFL in pts per game, 10th in total offense in 2010 when he was their OC in 2010.  And he had them at 7-4 as a HC before things went to hell and they finished 8-8 when he was a HC.  Given the total dysfunctionality of the Raiders at that point, I'd probably be inclined to give him a bit of a pass.  And I don't really remember what happened to that team to cause a 1-4 slide at the end of the year. 

Not saying I'm on the Hue Jackson bandwagon by any means, just that he's got a lot of stink on him for being associated with the Raiders and Spurrier and Petrino, so he may not be a bad option. 

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 05, 2016, 12:38:40 PM
im all the way IN on gase

Agree.  I am in.  Hearing very good things about this guy.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 05, 2016, 04:03:32 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 05, 2016, 03:04:14 PM

I just checked his "resume" and he's not nearly as bland as I thought he might be.  Pretty wide ranging experience as various position coaches and a few different stints as OC.  Raiders offense actually wasn't bad under him at all.  6th in the NFL in pts per game, 10th in total offense in 2010 when he was their OC in 2010.  And he had them at 7-4 as a HC before things went to hell and they finished 8-8 when he was a HC.  Given the total dysfunctionality of the Raiders at that point, I'd probably be inclined to give him a bit of a pass.  And I don't really remember what happened to that team to cause a 1-4 slide at the end of the year. 

Not saying I'm on the Hue Jackson bandwagon by any means, just that he's got a lot of stink on him for being associated with the Raiders and Spurrier and Petrino, so he may not be a bad option. 

might be a reason he only gets hired by shtein organizations

hue Jackson is about as forgettable a hire as you could have

smeags

I'm down to mcdermott or gase.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

BigEd76

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 04, 2016, 10:57:39 PM
Doug Marrone is joining the list (again, was interviewed before Chip was hired in 2013).

He quit on the Bills and I'll vote no on him too

Roob says Marrone isn't a candidate

PhillyPhreak54

Good. Half the dopes they're interviewing shouldn't be

I'm not totally opposed to Gase.

I've got Hue and McDermott real close in my want rankings

Payton is still the top dog despite him never having a solid defense

MDS

be honest, youd take chip back
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

No

I want to see your boy Howie win us a Bowl

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 05, 2016, 07:08:24 PM
Good. Half the dopes they're interviewing shouldn't be

I'm not totally opposed to Gase.

I've got Hue and McDermott real close in my want rankings

Payton is still the top dog despite him never having a solid defense

he had two top ten defenses but that's neither here nor there

He's never coached without Drew Bree's and that dome was very kind to them

I'm certainly not against him but I wouldn't give up anything for him either

SunMo

Gargano talked a lot this morning about Pederson and he thinks he will be the guy.  He laid out a logical case and I'm sure he's getting most of his information from someone inside the org because Shefter came on and pretty much agreed with everything he said.  It comes back to the fact that Lurie is "shook up" from the Chip Kelly experience and wants to go back to something safe.  He knows that Andy was his best pick and someone from his staff would be comfrotable to Jeff.  Andy has been talking to Jeff and selling Pederson to him. 

Shefter agreed with all that but also said they are very intrigued by Gase because he is a good offensive mind. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

the irony of all that is that andy was a complete unknown and "unsafe" pick when he was hired.....really even more so than chip....chip was a huge name who almost everyone agreed was a good hire at the time

also that doesnt make sense unless lurie is a straight faced liar cause all he said at the presser was how the eagles will continue to think outside the box and will never be an organization to just settle or not have forward thinking

ice grillin you

take it for what its worth but some cat from the fanatic ive never heard of just reported this...

Eagles and Gase seemed to have hit it off with their first meeting. MIA & CLE would have to "blow him away" for PHL not to be his 1st choice

ice grillin you

should have never left novacare...

Who is Adam Gase, and why does every team with an opening want to hire him?

One of the primary reasons, in two words: Jay Cutler.

Gase is the miracle worker who turned Cutler from one of the great turnover machines in recent NFL history into a player the Bears want to center their offense around.

Under Gase, Cutler finished the year with a career-best passer rating of 92.3 and only 11 interceptions—and he did it with an offense missing key components to injury all season. Cutler had averaged 18 interceptions per 16 games and had an 84.3 rating in his previous six seasons with the Bears. He led the league in interceptions twice, including last year, pre-Gase.

"The system is really good," Cutler told the Chicago Sun-Times' Adam Jahns. "This is the best system I've been in in my entire career. Denver was really good, a little bit different than this one. Defenses have changed. Adam's system has kind of changed and kept up with the times of what's being presented defensively and how to take advantage of those types of things."

Cutler went on to explain that Gase does what every good coordinator and play-caller does: He steals various ideas—some modern, some going back decades—and blends them all into a delicious mix.

The result? One general manager told Bleacher Report that Gase is "the new Sean Payton," another coach known for his adaptability and creativity when it comes to designing plays and systems.

I'm told he is either at the top, or near the top, of every team's list (Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson is up there on lists as well). The reason is pretty easy to digest. It's a quarterback league, and if he can transform Cutler into a studious pro who doesn't make consistently dumb mistakes, what can't he do?

Remember, Gase's previous job was with the Broncos, as quarterbacks coach and then offensive coordinator helping Peyton Manning and Co. obliterate records.

If you want to understand the importance of someone like Gase or Jackson, look no further than some of the extremely crappy quarterback play we've seen this year. For every piece of genius we've seen from Cam Newton, Russell Wilson or Carson Palmer, there was a Matt Cassel.

What teams see in Gase (and Jackson has done this, too, with Andy Dalton and backup AJ McCarron) is a coach who can make make chicken salad out of chicken crap—make almost any quarterback better. And if that quarterback happens to be talented, Gase's system and abilities will make a great player even better.

This is why Gase has his pick of almost any job open.