Will Witherspoon, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by The BIGSTUD, October 20, 2009, 04:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

phattymatty

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Interesting. I guess he takes over inside, or he will play strong side with Gocong moving inside. But I'd prefer and think they play him at MIKE.

Sucks to see Gibson go, but he was nothing more (so far) than a training camp all-star while Witherspoon is a proven commodity.

Witherspoon was a guy a lot of Eagles fans wanted when he was a FA from Carolina

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteOct 19 LB Will Witherspoon had an MRI that was negative on the hip/back he injured in overtime Sunday against Jacksonville. Witherspoon was "really sore," according to coach Steve Spagnuolo and struggled to get on and off the plane Sunday.

:-D

BigEd76

NFL.com bio

has put up decent numbers throughout his career and the Rams gave him $15M guaranteed to go there, so he should have 1 or 2 more years left on his deal.  I guess he could move back to the weak side when Bradley returns next year...

Drunkmasterflex

Instantly probably their best LB, that's not saying much though. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Rome

mussa

better than same ol shtein at linebacker position. gives me a tad more hope, not much though. it will take a few weeks for me to recover from sundays game. only to get my hopes up and then the next reid failure will come probably at or during the playoffs. then i will go on bitching about reid for another offseason, reid will get an extended contract. then the vicious cycle will continue. FML
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

shorebird

Eagaholic

This was needed though, especially if Gaither is out for any length of time. Hopefully Spags had Witherspoon coached up right and he isn't too crippled to jump in.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: shorebird on October 20, 2009, 05:30:35 PM
Whoopdie friggen' doo!

?? Its a solid move, Not sure why anyone wouldn't think this was needed and important right now.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Drunkmasterflex

Well I just looked at their depth chart, he is #1 at Mike LB.  Not his best position that is why he hasn't been as good with the Rams most of his time there. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

not gonna change much but he is an improvement...i will give partial credit but not full to the FO because the move was made due to their inability/refusal to properly address the position in the first place
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

As long as it kills the Trotter experiment, it's all good.

Sorry, Phreak.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews