12/30/07: Buffalo Game Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 30, 2007, 10:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magical_Retard

Quote from: rjs246 on December 31, 2007, 01:24:49 PM
Honestly, if McNabb could cut down on the 6-8 second sacks that he takes the improvement to the offense would be noticeable. That one thing, throwing the ball away when there just isn't anything there, would be huge.

or just run after 3 seconds. no one is open...take off.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FastFreddie on December 31, 2007, 09:07:22 AM
Frankly, I think it's fairly safe to write off Justice as a backup.  Maybe he's the type of guy who can step up if he's relied upon week to week, but he obviously doesn't have the mentality to properly prepare for games that he begins as a backup.

That probably is part of the reason he slipped into the 2nd round.

Oh, and my hopes aren't too high for him as a starter either.

Dook just needs a hooker.

SunMon, as Winston's *official* sponsor should foot the bill for one of Kensington's finest to let Seven Fo ATM her.

Displaced

Quote from: Magical_Retard on December 31, 2007, 03:23:24 PM
Honestly, if McNabb could cut down on the 6-8 second sacks that he takes the improvement to the offense would be noticeable. That one thing, throwing the ball away when there just isn't anything there, would be huge.

This is the thing...many times he's got a man in his face at the top of his drop.  Ever notice how he has to make somebody miss on far too many plays?  Anytime Westy isn't in there teams run stunts or twists right up the middle with either the d-line or lb's respectively.  And please...please AR and Morning please give the man a "hot" look reciever.  If you get a chance re-watch a game or two.  There is never a "hot" reciever.  McNabb is getting blitzed and these guys don't even turn around until they are fifteen yards down field.

Magical_Retard

Quote from: Displaced on January 01, 2008, 11:49:27 AM
Quote from: Magical_Retard on December 31, 2007, 03:23:24 PM

This is the thing...many times he's got a man in his face at the top of his drop.  Ever notice how he has to make somebody miss on far too many plays?  Anytime Westy isn't in there teams run stunts or twists right up the middle with either the d-line or lb's respectively.  And please...please AR and Morning please give the man a "hot" look reciever.  If you get a chance re-watch a game or two.  There is never a "hot" reciever.  McNabb is getting blitzed and these guys don't even turn around until they are fifteen yards down field.

he isnt fast enough anymore to run outside of the pocket and then turn up field, unless its completely vacated. teams know if he takes off it will be up the middle and i guess they game plan for that.

i do remember one good throw where a blitzer came from the corner untouched, he side stepped him, and then delivered a nice pass to greg lewis. but the key i think was that the blitz was from the corner...if its up the middle it really leaves him no choice.

but mainly i meant there are at least 3-5 plays a game where he has good time in the pocket...no one is open and when he finally decides to run or do something its too late. in those situations he needs to just take off after a few seconds. even if he gains just 1 yd its better than a sack/risk of injury.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

PhillyPhreak54

He really doesn't need his old speed. He just needs his knee to be healthy enough to be able to be shifty in the pocket and avoid the rush and slide out to complete the ball down the field. We saw that towards the end of the season, so that is encouraging.

His propensity to not throw the ball away and live to face another down with 10 yards to go is maddening though. I understand trying to make plays and all, but sometimes its best to just let it go.

Having WRs who can get open regularly will help though.

Feva

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 01, 2008, 03:17:33 PM
His propensity to not throw the ball away and live to face another down with 10 yards to go is maddening though. I understand trying to make plays and all, but sometimes its best to just let it go.

I gotta say... this is the thing he does that pisses me off to no end.  I completely understand he gets flushed toward the sidelines and he's looking downfield to make a play, but for the life of me, I can't understand why he steps out of bounds for a sack when he sees nothing there instead of simply throwing the ball away. 

Dammit... my throat gets sore after screaming "THROW IT AWAAAAY!!" everytime I see him running toward the sidelines.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews