lindros>akers
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

T_Section224

what is with the highway sign pics?
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

greenbleeder

Hey, phillywin2k5. Awesome icon. Just great. I'm hungry for some dolphin after seeing that beauty.
Official Sponsor of Tom Heckert, the man behind the men.

This is our year. Because we're gonna make it our year.

http://greenbleeder.blogspot.com

bobbyinlondon

We in the UK and those in Europe are getting Jets-Ravens, unless they change it. However, those in Europe WILL BE GETTING the tape of the whole Eagles-Chiefs game Monday night on NASN.

ice grillin you

so how does it work...all of europe gets an nfl game of the week every sunday

bobbyinlondon

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 30, 2005, 08:39:41 AM
so how does it work...all of europe gets an nfl game of the week every sunday

In England, we get the following LIVE:

Sky Sports Extra--a doubleheader every Sunday; the Thanksgiving Day games; the Saturday games late in the season; the playoffs, the Super Bowl and the Pro Bowl.

Channel 5 which is a terrestrial channel--Monday night game and the Sunday night game, once their contract to baseball ends after the World Series and the Super Bowl highlights.

Channel 3 which is a terrestrial channel--Super Bowl LIVE

Selected countries in Europe (not England or Ireland)--get all the games we do but on a channel called NASN (North American Sports Network). Also on NASN, Europe shows two games during the week THAT THEY DIDN'T SHOW ON SUNDAY. Example: They're scheduled to show the Jets-Ravens live on Sunday, but during the week, they'll show the tape of the Eagles-Chiefs game plus another one, in its entirety.

I get NASN here in England and this is the NFL coverage we get:

Countdown (LIVE)
Monday Night Countdown (LIVE)
NFL Access
NFL Live (sometimes LIVE)
NFL Primetime
NFL Draft (LIVE)
Selected Preseason games LIVE

The other things we get on NASN are:

MLB (at least 5 LIVE games a week plus taped games of at least 2 other games); plus LIVE playoffs
NBA(again, at least 5 LIVE games a week); plus LIVE playoffs
NHL--LIVE regular season coverage plus playoffs
College Football--LIVE regular season coverage plus bowl games
College Basketball--LIVE regular season games plus BOTH the NIT and the NCAA tourneys
Canadian Football League--BOTH LIVE and taped games
Arena League--again, BOTH live and taped games
NASCAR--live coverage of all the races
Around the Horn (LIVE)
Pardon the Interruption (LIVE)
MSG Sports--I love it when they show ANY of the NY teams getting beat
Rome is Burning (LIVE)

Channel 5 shows the Stanley Cup Finals, the NBA Finals, and the World Series, all LIVE

ice grillin you

do euros care about all that or is it available for all the americans living over there

bobbyinlondon

You got some Europeans that get into American sports. But I'd say for the most part, NASN is designed with the large American population you have throughout Europe. One of the guys on here, Henchman UK, I've had a few drinks with--he's British and writes for an NFL magazine over here in London. Him and another Eagles fan are coming over to my house on the 9th to watch the Cowboys game. I typically have a full house when the Eagles are in the playoffs.

QB Eagles

Speaking of British NFL fandom:

QuotePosted on Tue, Sep. 27, 2005
London calling NFL

William ''The Refrigerator'' Perry is promoting London's bid to host a regular-season NFL game in 2006.

The former Chicago Bears defensive lineman posed with cheerleaders and did interviews Monday in support of efforts to bring the NFL back to the British capital.

Perry, a member of Chicago's 1985-86 Super Bowl champion team, played for the Bears in the NFL's first international preseason game at Wembley Stadium in 1986. He scored a touchdown on offense as the Bears beat the Dallas Cowboys 17-6 in front of 86,000 fans.

Wembley has been torn down, and a new stadium is scheduled to open on the same site next spring.

''From what I have seen of the new stadium it is going to be one of the greatest in the world, and I know that NFL players would love to be part of a major international event in a venue like this,'' Perry said.

On Sunday, the NFL will play its first regular-season game outside the United States when the Arizona Cardinals face the San Francisco 49ers in Mexico City. The NFL said if that game is successful it would consider taking other regular-season games to other parts of the world.

If the NFL wanted the Mexico City experiment to be successful, maybe they should have considered a game other than Cardinals-49ers...  :-\

Rome

The English gave us Manchester United to open the Linc... the least we can give them to open the new Wembley is the Eagles.

:D

QB Eagles

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on October 01, 2005, 11:29:11 AM
The English gave us Manchester United to open the Linc... the least we can give them to open the new Wembley is the Eagles.

:D

It'll probably be two zesty teams. The NFL wouldn't want to showcase a blowout, and no good team is going to want to give up a home game.

bobbyinlondon

Of course, according to what happens in the post-season, I think it could either be Bucs-Eagles, or maybe even Colts-Eagles in Wembley. Incidentally, the NFL is giving BOTH the Cards and 49ers financial considerations to make up for the gate receipts both would lose as a result in playing in Mexico.

DutchBird

Unfortunately the f**** that run my cable-company do not offer the NASN.. so I have to make due with the Irish pub in Rotterdam for seeing some real football on Sundaynight.  Which sucks...

You have New York, we have Amsterdam
Just 15,000 Dutch beat out 90,000 Americans

With Timmy, one of three things is going to happen. Somebody is going to get hurt - it's either going to be him, an opponent, or one of our players.

Dillen

Great. The first fox game is JUST going into halftime. We're gonna miss like the entire first quarter.