Week Seventeen - 2023

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 28, 2023, 09:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Still can't believe it happened. Elementary shtein.

And that crew has been under the gun for some bad calls this year. When league mouthpiece Adam Schefter is openly criticizing the head ref you know he's got the green light from within.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 31, 2023, 12:12:49 PMWhen league mouthpiece Adam Schefter is openly criticizing the head ref you know he's got the green light from within.

The story the NFL is promulgating through Schefter is that the result of the game is okay because the refs also messed up a tripping call that would have allowed the Cowboys to run out the clock.

PhillyPhreak54

Jalen Reagor just housed the opening kickoff for New England

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Ravens Dolphins the only game I can see thru rabbit ears:

Yet another Jackson TD pass...tell me again how Lamar isn't the MVP?

Thru first series of second half:  13/15 262 4TD / 4 Att 25 yds
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

I pulled an Eagles and choked away the bullet big money.

Diomedes

Gonna be a good New Year's Eve in Baltimore tonight.  8 TDs.   Lol.

QB Eagles

49ers vs ravens rematch is the super bowl matchup any neutral party should want. so i think we can rule that out

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I was just about to post that we are heading towards a rematch of that SB.

Hopefully Baltimore dusts SF

PhillyPhreak54

Bad look for Mike McDaniel

He left his starters in during the shteinkicking and Bradley Chubb likely tore his ACL

PhillyPhreak54

Also a bad look for Panthers owner David Tepper who threw a cup of liquid out of the box and into the stands after the game

Diomedes

QB Eagles

viking defense looks like the eagles out there

undisciplined, slow, shtein tackling...

MDS

so this detroit/dallas thing

1. detroit sent 2 linemen to talk to allen, 68 said its me, and brought on 70 late
2. brad allen clearly recognized the wrong person and announced 70 as eligible
3. the cowboys knew 70 was eligible and did not cover 68
4. 68 scored the td, because he was uncovered, because he was never announced as eligible
5. dan campbell went for 2 from the 7
6. dallas still had 20+ seconds, a timeout and a kicker who drills 60 yarders

this was screwed up, no doubt. but im missing how the lions got jobbed. the play was ruined by the ref, we never know what happens if the correct player is announced as eligible. maybe it works, maybe it doesnt.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

in the past couple days I've read about what happened and my hot take was--surprise--mistaken

Florio's read of it seems most accurate...Lions tried to get cute with who was reporting and it backfired