07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 20, 2007, 11:44:59 AM
Quote from: FastFreddie on October 19, 2007, 04:37:53 PM
Brian Boucher had hot streaks too.  I should know; I have his jersey.

You pretty much suck in the jersey department LOL

James Thrash says hi.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Hell, I wish they still had Markov....I was pissed when they let him go.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

I wasn't particularly upset when they let Markov go.  He was a good player but he was no Ray Bourque.  What upset me at the time was the fact that Clarke basically gave away Justin Williams for what amounted to little more than a two month rent-a-player.

Williams turned into a reliable 30-goal scoring first line forward while Markov went on to drift from team to team. 

Not one of Clarkie's better deals - although with him, that's not exactly saying much.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 21, 2007, 01:18:55 AM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 21, 2007, 12:08:22 AM
Great game to go to, there is definitely a different feel this year than there was last year.

They gave free clocks away tonight, we stayed after the game and collected all the ones people left behind. Wound up with around 10.

couldnt agree more with the atmosphere there tonight....playoff johnson....couldnt agree more at how gay youre for collecting those clocks...i got mine upon entering took one look at it and threw it in the trash can

biron is the difference....straight up....he makes everyone on the team better....he makes me not have a heart attack every time the opponent takes a shot...pg's all time favorite goalie nitty cent was a disgrace and so was all the goalies going back in time since hextalls first stint....now the squad has a real life puck stopper and it is awesome

ebay dook...all of them

And your Biron point is spot on. He's by far the teams mvp up to this point

BigEd76

Markov is unsigned if you want him back

MDS

I played NHL 08 for XBox360 last night. Briere is a tool, but damn, that game is outrageously good.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 21, 2007, 09:44:41 AM
You mean Kevin Curtis.  ;)

Ha!  I suppose I could have had a Baskett jersey if I really wanted it.  Meh.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

sick, ridiculous, unbelievable, incredible, dipsy-doo, goal
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Patrick Kane already has 9 pts for the hawks

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 23, 2007, 12:28:10 PM
Patrick Kane already has 9 pts for the hawks
And Turris is tearing it up for Wisconson
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 23, 2007, 11:46:45 AM
sick, ridiculous, unbelievable, incredible, dipsy-doo, goal

That's also the kind of move that will get his head taken off in the NHL.

Oh, wait.  This is Buttman's NHL.  Never mind, carry on.

SD_Eagle5

QuoteThe Boston Bruins continue to show they have total respect for "Red Sox Nation."

In order to allow Boston Red Sox fans time to get home for the start of Game Three of the World Series against the Colorado Rockies on Saturday night, the Bruins on Tuesday announced the start time for their game against the Philadelphia Flyers was moved up three hours to 4 p.m. EDT.

Game Three in Denver between the Red Sox and Rockies is slated for 8 p.m. EDT.

ADVERTISEMENT

"It is truly an exciting time to be a Boston sports fan," Bruins executive vice president Charlie Jacobs said. "We are doing everything in our power to give our fans the opportunity to take in all the action that the Boston sports scene has to offer during the coming week.

"We certainly appreciate the cooperation of the NHL, the Philadelphia Flyers, our broadcast partners and the TD Banknorth Garden for accommodating these changes. Being able to watch the Bruins on Saturday afternoon without missing a pitch of Game Three is a win-win situation for everyone involved."

The Bruins made a similar change this past Saturday, switching their contest against the New York Rangers to the afternoon in order for Boston fans to witness both the hockey game and Game Six of the American League Championship Series between the Red Sox and Cleveland Indians at Fenway Park.

However, the team was unable to alter the start time of Thursday's home game against the Chicago Blackhawks, which will clash with Game Two of the World Series at Fenway.

I would normally be pissed at the Flyers for agreeing to this but it gives me a chance to see PSU get slaughtered.

SunMo

no way they get slaughtered...good chance they win
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.