Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Are you sure about that?  Sexual predation isn't confined to central Pennsylvania, Dio.  I'm sure there have been countless instances where women and children have been raped or otherwise abused sexually in every college town in America.  Should we get the pitchforks and spark the torches and shut them all down too?

Look, I'm just playing devil's advocate here, and I 100% agree Penn State should face severe sanctions because of this, but ending a program because of the actions of former participants is just too punitive for me, and not because of some weird love I have for the program either.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Contrary to reports, PSU BOT and admin has not made any decision regarding the statue. Which means that farger is coming down down down.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 15, 2012, 07:28:45 PM
Contrary to reports, PSU BOT and admin has not made any decision regarding the statue. Which means that farger is coming down down down.

There's still a lot of resistance from individuals.  I read an article today in The Sporting News that quoted an anonymous BOT member saying that the statue shouldn't come down because it "represents all the good Joe did."

LOL.  So does this mean Sandusky gets a statue then?  Because I'm sure that between rapings, he (and his charity) actually did some good, too. 

And Bobby Bowden thinks it should come down as well.  Maybe he is biased, but he's still right. 

Sgt PSN

Here's the article:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-07-14/joe-paterno-statue-removal-penn-state-freeh-report-jerry-sandusky-child-sex-abus

Quote"You can't let people stampede you into making a rash decision," a trustee told ESPN.com. "The statue represents the good that Joe did. It doesn't represent the bad that he did."

Pretty sure the statue represents the person and everything he did in his life. 

Quote"It has to stay up," a trustee told the website. "We have to let a number of months pass, and we'll address it again. But there is no way, no way. It's just not coming down."

Bowden:

Quote"You go to a Penn State football game and there's 100,000 people down there and they see that statue and you know doggone well they'll start talking about Sandusky," Bowden told The Associated Press. "If it was me, I wouldn't want to have it brought up every time I walked out on the field."

PoopyfaceMcGee

That story is from yesterday and contradicts the official press release today.

There are definitely some hard core JoePa apologists on the BoT, and they will be out-voted.

Sgt PSN

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sgt PSN

No anymore.  I read it about 13 hours ago. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

This guy accuses Freeh of grandstanding.

Let's just make it stop.

Although, we once again do need to remember that there is a ginger in the middle of all of this.

ice grillin you

i sort of agree with him in that the freeh report is being way overvalued...all it did was tell us everything we already knew...im not sure why it was such a big deal

from day one the only people who thought joe didnt know that his top assistant who sat ten feet away from him for 30 years was not a pedophile were penn state/joe apologists
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Paterno family unsurprisingly having their lawyers do a re-review of the Freeh report.

At this point the kindest interpretation of Paterno's role was that he was a clueless Hoyda.

Sgt PSN

I don't even know how you could say he was clueless at this point.  Even if (and I think it's a big if) it can be indisputably proven that he wasn't involved in the cover up, I don't think there's any doubt that he wasn't fully aware of what was going on.  What's the goal here?  To prove that rather than being an active participant in the cover up, Paterno simply sat idle and did nothing?  Do they think there's a significant difference between the two? 

ice grillin you

the big question i have is how many child abuse incidents were covered up that no even knows about....sandusky didnt wake up one day when he was 53 years old and start humping kids...he was at penn state starting in 1968 the first incident we know of was 1995....so what was covered up btwn 1968 and 2004

PoopyfaceMcGee

I said the kindest, not the most realistic.

But if you actually read the report, there is no conclusive proof about Joe knowing prior to 2001. However, it doesn't make a lick of sense whatsoever.

ice grillin you

he 1000% knew about 95 and 98...he knew everything that was going on in that program...and i would be stunned if there werent other incidents before during or after those that he knew about