Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

Sgt PSN

PoopyfaceMcGee

Reports indicate that Graham Spanier will indeed be facing charges.

MDS

can they put joe pas corpse in jail?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sandusky prefers them a bit younger.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

That's the first Reilly piece I've read since before you started shteinting all over this messageboard, and it only re-affirms that he is a hack.  I wrote better than that in high school.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

lol....hes arguably the best sportswriter of all time

stick to talking about eastern european authors who write in tongues so you can claim faux intelligence...digging ditches in your real life doesnt mean you have to use the rest of your time on earth telling the world that you are some sort of psuedo intellecutal

its painfully transparent and frankly isnt becoming in the least

Diomedes

He sucks.  The super short refrain to which the writer returns throughout his essay might work for sports readers and mid-grade college application essays, but that's about it.

My pseudo-intellectualism notwithstanding, I've got both of you over a barrel and I'm beating your white asses bloodly without breaking a sweat. 

I'm smart like that.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on July 13, 2012, 09:42:15 PM
He sucks.  The super short refrain to which the writer returns throughout his essay might work for sports readers and mid-grade college application essays, but that's about it.

precisely my point...thanks for pointing it out but we all know sportswriters arent shakespeare...thus you dont need to use them to robust your perceived intellectualism...this is a sports board and no one is impressed

jesus you must be a favorite in the ditch with the guys....luckily for them they all speak spanish and cant understand what you are saying

Diomedes

They love me.  I'm the only white guy they know who works.

Sports writing is, sadly, for idiots.  Most of it anyway.  To be the best of the bunch isn't saying much.  And Reilly is not the best.

He's a hack.  And you're an entertainment magazine reading wilfully non-intellectual knee-jerk liberal, the exact opposite side of the MA coin you so revile.  There isn't a shred, even a pseudo shred, of curiosity in your soul.  To you, Reilly would be great.

He's not.  He sucks.  So do you.

Q.E.D.

phattymatty

i threw up in spanier's front yard in college. not that i ever felt bad but now i feel good.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on July 13, 2012, 09:57:06 PM
They love me.  I'm the only white guy they know who works.

Sports writing is, sadly, for idiots.  Most of it anyway.  To be the best of the bunch isn't saying much.  And Reilly is not the best.

He's a hack.  And you're an entertainment magazine reading wilfully non-intellectual knee-jerk liberal, the exact opposite side of the MA coin you so revile.  There isn't a shred, even a pseudo shred, of curiosity in your soul.  To you, Reilly would be great.

He's not.  He sucks.  So do you.

Q.E.D.

holy shtein im a sports fan....what was i ever thinking admitting that!?!?!?

difference is i know what i am and dont supress it....you are a racist one minute....a 99%er the next...day after tomorrow a hipster...a wannabe college professor on the weekend...then a working class ditch digger when it suits...

get your shtein straight chief

PhillyPhreak54

Rick Reilly sucks.

He may have been good once upon a time but he's been mailing it in for about fifteen years.

ice grillin you

he sucks why?

show me a article hes written recently and one from 15 years ago and tell me why the current piece sucks

you cant because hes the same as hes ever been....which is really farging good...people who dont like him now hate him because he works for espn and everyone has to hate espn now....or in general they dont like the tv stuff he does for espn because he comes off as a douche...but as far as a sports writer he is fantastic...