Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

I can't imagine how you PSU alum must be feeling now...I grew up rooting for them and loving JoePa, and even as just a fan, I know I'll NEVER look at the program the same way again. This has to be the most incredible sports story since the OJ trial.

rjs246

It's a kick in the the dick, no doubt. But anyone who's surprised by this had some serious blinders on.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm much more disappointed than surprised.

Oh well, he's dead. Time for Bill "Butt Chin" O'Brien to begin a new chapter that doesn't end with molested children.

SD

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 12, 2012, 11:18:16 AM

Oh well, he's dead. Time for Bill "Butt Chin" O'Brien to begin a new chapter that doesn't end with molested children.

Pretty much.

How do you suspend a player prior to a bowl game for accepting a suit from an agent and not report a child molestor because he's your buddy.

Do they take the statue down now?

DH

I dont see how they can't. If for nothing else, to show that they are at least now trying to do the right thing.

Munson

Quote from: SD on July 12, 2012, 11:36:50 AM
Quote from: FastFreddie on July 12, 2012, 11:18:16 AM

Pretty much.

How do you suspend a player prior to a bowl game for accepting a suit from an agent and not report a child molestor because he's your buddy.

Do they take the statue down now?

Not that it makes it any better, but I think it was less about Sandusky being his buddy and more about protecting the football program.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

Quote from: SD on July 12, 2012, 11:36:50 AM

It's easy to make a small example of a small issue. Confronting something this big and awful is not even on the same planet. It isn't the same universe. The capacity to handle small things with a rigorous set of rules and personal moral fortitude is commendable, but ultimately pretty easy if you put your mind to it. Most people will never have to face something of the magnitude of being told that your co-worker and co-icon is a child molester so most people get to feel good about themselves and their unchallenged moral standing.

Joe was faced with a bigger test than most people will ever be faced with and he farging failed. Sucks that that will undo his legacy of all the smaller, but commendable, actions he took over the year, but that's the way it is.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: DH on July 12, 2012, 11:41:17 AM
I dont see how they can't. If for nothing else, to show that they are at least now trying to do the right thing.

Someone understands public relations and marketing, especially as it relates to institutions of higher education and the sports teams within them.

reese125

On his deathbed:

JOE: Father, has my family left?
PRIEST: Yes, Joe. It's just you and me now.
JOE: There's something I need to confess, but first, how good are at you keeping child rape a secret?
PRIEST: God, you're a fleshpop.
JOE: Haha! Gotcha. But, seriously though, I knew about Jerry the whole time. *croaks*

MDS

FF = Namond after he tore up Prez's class

It takes a man to admit when he's wrong.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

anyone think it's weird that jay paterno calls his dad joe?

Don Ho

Right now I think the whole Paterno clan is weird.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: phattymatty on July 13, 2012, 12:24:45 AM
anyone think it's weird that jay paterno calls his dad joe?

The story is that they didn't want him to address Joe any differently than the other football coaches. To avoid misstepping on something so "vitally important," he just called him Joe all the time.

Now that the apologist conspiracy theorists have had time to read the Freeh report in whole, they are giving ammo to the Paterno family. The only thing that makes any sense is the 1998 email with subject line "Jerry," which explains that "Coach" really wants to know "where this stands." It is at least as likely that "Coach" is actually Sandusky, and Paterno isn't even mentioned. This is the only explanation as to why Joe was not also charged with perjury.

To be clear I believe that the Paterno family and other apologists are proving the problem with their current actions. If Joe Paterno was such a good guy who didn't actively cover this up, he certainly wouldn't want the university to suffer after his death due to people trying so damn hard to justify their hero worship of him. So, really, I just don't care about Joe Paterno at all anymore. If the statue comes down, his name is removed from everything, and he is posthumously given a death sentence; but it stops even one kid from getting molested... Small price to pay.

Seriously. People need to adjust their priorities here.

ice grillin you

he called him dad in the post death interviews he gave...im thinking "joe" is the guy who facilitated child rape and "dad" is his father
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.