Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

SPORTSbyBROOKS

I can confirm there will soon be new, major allegation involving child sex abuse in Sandusky case. Told tonite it could come before Saturday

If what I was told tonight about the details of the new allegation in Sandusky child sex case is true, it will horrify the public.

This is a deadly serious matter. Keep the victims in your thoughts. Cannot emphasize that enough. In your thoughts.

ChrisSedenka

Mark Madden just said on @NESN journalists are investigating if Sandusky was pimping out kids to rich donors from his program.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

The answer is unknowable because of an unsolved mystery: What happened to Ray Gricar, the Centre County, Pa., district attorney?

Gricar went missing in April 2005. The murky circumstances surrounding his disappearance — an abandoned car, a laptop recovered months later in a river without a hard drive, his body was never found — have spawned Web sites, television programs and conspiracy theories. More than six years later, the police still receive tips and reports of sightings. The police in central Pennsylvania continue to investigate even though Gricar's daughter, Lara, successfully petitioned in July to have her father declared legally dead so the family could find some closure and begin dividing his estate.

One of the questions surrounding the sex-abuse case against Jerry Sandusky is why a former district attorney chose not to prosecute the then-Penn State assistant coach in 1998 after reports surfaced that he had inappropriate interactions with a boy. Yet as the Sandusky investigation moves forward, questions will be asked anew about why Gricar did not pursue charges against him 13 years ago. A small but strident minority believes Gricar did not want to tackle a case that involved a hometown icon. Others who knew and worked with Gricar say he was a meticulous, independent and tough-minded prosecutor who was unbowed by Penn State, its football program and political pressure in general.

Seabiscuit36

Holy F.  Sorry IGY you were right then about the good ol boy thing going on there.  Jesus christ if thats true burn them all. 

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

madden also believes it will come out that sandusky was really fired or forced out in 98 because of boy humping...and that he agreed to leave in exchange for joe having the charges dissmissed

not that this is a shock in the least and its pretty obvious what happened but this is going to get super ugly and is all just unreal

ice grillin you

when does the fbi jump in....gotta be any day now...if i remember correctly from the grand jury report sandusky brought boys to bowl games and had them stay in his hotel room...those rooms are paid for by penn state...that should do it right there

ice grillin you

from the beaver county times back in march when the sandusky allegations first broke...

Worst-case scenario: Sandusky is charged. Then it seems reasonable to wonder: Did Penn State not make an issue of Sandusky's alleged behavior in 1998 in exchange for him walking away from the program at an age premature for most coaches? Did Penn State's considerable influence help get Sandusky off the hook?

Don't kid yourself. That could happen. Don't underestimate the power of Paterno and Penn State in central Pennsylvania when it comes to politicians, the police and the media.

In 1999, Penn State was rid of Sandusky. His rep was unblemished, which allowed him to continue running a charitable foundation that gave him access to underage males. To be a volunteer assistant with a high school football team, thus gaining access to underage males.

If Paterno and Penn State knew, but didn't act, instead facilitating Sandusky's untroubled retirement - are Paterno and Penn State responsible for untoward acts since committed by Sandusky?

This is far from an outrageous hypothesis, especially given the convenient timeline.

Rome

Unfathomable.

Just when you think this can't get any more horrific...

PoopyfaceMcGee

I demand for the process to make damn sure that anyone still affiliated with Penn State in any way who knew about this and "could have done more" to meet the proper fate, and not on their own terms either.

Anyone. Everyone. It might be a really large group of people. It might include board members, it might include boosters, it might include the richest fargs who give money under the guise of "for the glory" but knowing what they're really supporting... BOOM goes the dynamite, iceholes.

ice grillin you

more extensive breakdown of what madden said

In April, Pittsburgh radio host Mark Madden wrote a story revealing Penn State for much of the cover-up of Jerry Sandusky's alleged child rape that has been exposed in the past week. While it didn't raise many eyebrows back then, six months later it looks to be incredibly accurate.

On Thursday morning, just hours after legendary head coach Joe Paterno and university president Graham Spanier were fired by the school's board of trustees, Madden was asked on The Dennis and Callahan Show what he believes the next piece of news will be.

What he said was twice as shocking as anything that's been released thus far.

"I can give you a rumor and I can give you something I think might happen," Madden told John Dennis and Gerry Callahan. "I hear there's a rumor that there will be a more shocking development from the Second Mile Foundation -- and hold on to your stomachs, boys, this is gross, I will use the only language I can -- that Jerry Sandusky and Second Mile were pimping out young boys to rich donors. That was being investigated by two prominent columnists even as I speak."

Madden also spoke more definitively to the cover-up efforts at the school and beyond that he expects will be made public soon.

"The other thing I think that may eventually become uncovered, and I talked about this in my original article back in April, is that I think they'll find out that Jerry Sandusky was told that he had to retire in exchange for a cover-up," Madden said. "If you look at the timeline, that makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

"My opinion is when Sandusky quit, everybody knew -- not just at Penn State," Madden added. "I think it was a very poorly kept secret about college football in general, and that is why he never coached in college football again and retired at the relatively young age of 55. [That's] young for a coach, certainly."

rjs246

This is all in reference to donors of The Second Mile, right? Not Penn State boosters, right?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

thats how i took it....but i think at this point all bets are off....also couldnt you be a penn state booster and a second mile donor?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on November 10, 2011, 10:27:46 AM
This is all in reference to donors of The Second Mile, right? Not Penn State boosters, right?

I'm sure we'll find out.

I would LOVE to hear how much other schools knew about Sandusky in 1999, then see how accountable they are for "not doing more" to help the victims. If the guy who got the information 2nd hand is as culpable as the guy who witnessed acts 1st hand, what of the others who were told in any way that the guy was putting his dick into little boys?

phattymatty

why would other schools know about it?

sorry but penn state is the only school going down in this.

Seabiscuit36

I think he's just saying what Madden's point was, this guy retired at 55, and never did we hear about any job offers out there.  The story back then was that Sandusky wanted the Head coach job when joe stepped down at some point.  Joe said he wouldnt be his replacement, and Sandusky quit/retired.  Now that we know where this is all at.  I didnt think it was possible for this thing to even get worse, but its getting to the absurdly SVU level. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Was just commenting on why Sandusky never got another coaching job. If he were "black listed," what kind of details were made available as to why?

But yes, Penn State is a punchline for the foreseeable future.