Thread for Hippos to mock Penn State

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 02, 2006, 09:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Apparently McQueary might be protected by whistleblower laws. Or some shtein.

Eagles_Legendz

I'm not sure how you can blame McQueary if you aren't blaming Paterno.  I'm not attempting to be antagonistic here, but didn't he do the same thing that Paterno did?  Pass it on to his superiors and let them deal with it?

To be clear: I'm saying he is incredibly at fault, but I think there are inconsistencies in logic if McQueary is supposed to be at fault but Paterno isn't.  They are similarly culpable in my mind, though I'm not sure how McQueary doesn't physically stop the rape when it's happening.

Munson

I think people view McQueary in a more negative light because he was physically there and in their eyes, could have actually done something. He actually witnessed it happening, and in their minds, could have physically stopped it. Though I think the posters here outlined pretty well why that's not entirely realistic.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

also huge LOL at ESPN for preempting the PEnn State stuff with the NBA. No one gives a flying farg about the NBA. There's like 8 people that care that games are being missed.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Munson on November 10, 2011, 01:15:20 AM
I think people view McQueary in a more negative light because he was physically there and in their eyes, could have actually done something. He actually witnessed it happening, and in their minds, could have physically stopped it.

That is reasonable, but you could also make the argument that a graduate assistant would potentially feel pressured to report this to a mentor, whereas Paterno et all should know better.

I think it is difficult to say what anyone would do in that scenario, but I have a hard time picturing a 28 year old D1 athlete watching a 58 year old man raping a 10 year old in a shower and not physically intervening on some level.

Munson

I'm right there with you on that mindset, but like I said I think posters here (FF for one) articulated quite well why that's not an entirely realistic way to think. The amount of shock in seeing someone you considered a mentor, friend, and possibly even father figure, doing that....hell my immediate reaction would be to turn my head away I'd be so horrified....and I'd like to think I'd have the courage to put that feeling aside and start beating the hell out of the guy.

Eagles_Legendz

I hesitate to even bring this up, but as you say, Sandusky was all of those things to McQueary and had been since McQueary was a child.

Any possibilities there that I don't even want to entertain?  Could also help explain his reaction.

Hawk

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on November 10, 2011, 01:02:44 AM
I'm not sure how you can blame McQueary if you aren't blaming Paterno.  I'm not attempting to be antagonistic here, but didn't he do the same thing that Paterno did?  Pass it on to his superiors and let them deal with it?

To be clear: I'm saying he is incredibly at fault, but I think there are inconsistencies in logic if McQueary is supposed to be at fault but Paterno isn't.  They are similarly culpable in my mind, though I'm not sure how McQueary doesn't physically stop the rape when it's happening.

You can't be serious with this train of thought... He walked into the lockeroom.. put on his sneakers.... heard a slapping sound coming from the shower.... looked in... saw Sandusky banged a 10 year old.. Sandusky looked at him... and the kid looked at him... he left... called his dad... asked him what he should do... the dad told him to return home and discuss it... the next day he went to JoePA.

Ginger was a 28 year old... division 1 football player... who looked into the eyes of a child being molested and ran home to daddy.  How is he not much more responsible than anyone else, not including Sandusky??

We aren't talking about chain of commands here... we're talking about walking in on such a heinous act, and doing absolutely nothing because you're an ugly farging Ginger.

Hawk

And wasn't Ginger on some recruiting trips this week.  Can you imagine that moron sitting in your living room, pitching your son on coming to play football at PSU with this story breaking?

Hawk

Also this ESPN coverage is Emmy award winning..... they were acting like there reporters were in Fallujah under constant suicide bombings.

MDS

i wish jerry sandusky would have molested you

then maybe youd have a reason for being such an irritating funhole
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Hawk

Quote from: MDS on November 10, 2011, 02:20:38 AM
i wish jerry sandusky would have molested you

then maybe youd have a reason for being such an irritating funhole

Isn't it about to be the deadline to report your field hockey score?

Rome

Quote from: MDS on November 09, 2011, 11:55:55 PM
Quote from: Rome on November 09, 2011, 10:48:19 PM
He's covering a girls JV field hockey game in Laredo.  He'll be fine.

laredo is like 3 hours from me...the only time one my teams could play a team from laredo is in the 2nd round of the playoffs, and generally they meet in the middle. which will be the case next saturday (in corpus) if both sides win this week. and on top of that, i need travel approval to go which of course is a whole different issue with these cheap funholes i work for.

anyway, back to the child rapist protectors: the psu students are idiots.

Were you drunk while writing this?

Please say yes.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Hawk on November 10, 2011, 02:05:24 AM
Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on November 10, 2011, 01:02:44 AM

You can't be serious with this train of thought... He walked into the lockeroom.. put on his sneakers.... heard a slapping sound coming from the shower.... looked in... saw Sandusky banged a 10 year old.. Sandusky looked at him... and the kid looked at him... he left... called his dad... asked him what he should do... the dad told him to return home and discuss it... the next day he went to JoePA.

Ginger was a 28 year old... division 1 football player... who looked into the eyes of a child being molested and ran home to daddy.  How is he not much more responsible than anyone else, not including Sandusky??

We aren't talking about chain of commands here... we're talking about walking in on such a heinous act, and doing absolutely nothing because you're an ugly farging Ginger.

and then he told paterno and paterno and his bosses covered it all up and still let their buddy run a childrens camp and bring children on the penn state campus for another five years...ginger is definitely more despicable than joe here but not by a lot and they all are disgusting awful people

they all should be in jail for every act of molestation that took place after the shower incident...and really since 1998 when sandusky admitted that he molested a boy and they all made that go away as well...and if you believe these are the only two incidents that this group of sickos knew about then you are beyond naive...these are the only two WE know about
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

mcquearys girlfriend lived in our apartment building and psu and several times people saw him crying on a bench in the lobby.