2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

you just keep digging that retard hole deeper and deeper...
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Eskin claims the Phils had a trade in place back in June or July that would've sent Howard to the Dodgers for James Loney + prospects but the Dodgers backed out.

MDS

Once I heard Eskin tease that I knew it was a stone cold mortal lock Easy E had the posts lined up and ready to go on here, EMB, BSG, and the 3,000 other boards he dominates.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

nah, nothing on EMB.  Besides it's Eskin, although I'm sure they've discussed the possibility of trading him if he gets into the $17M-$20M range...

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Don Ho

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 03, 2008, 12:00:54 AM
Eskin claims the Phils had a trade in place back in June or July that would've sent Howard to the Dodgers for James Loney + prospects but the Dodgers backed out.

just heard that on WIP.  holy crap.  Loney?  Dodgers do have a shtein load of prospects. 

makes you wonder where Manny would have ended up.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD_Eagle5

I love how he conveniently brings this up now so he can still seem relevant. Eskin's just mad it wasn't the Eagles that broke the drought.

PhillyGirl

"You're an idiot...Billy Wagner is NOT coming to Philadelphia."

And that marked the last time Eskin was ever somewhat relevant in Phillies conversation.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Howard to the Dodgers for Loney & prospects?

Wow - that's some impressive shenanigans there.

PoopyfaceMcGee

BigEd76

Don Ho

PoopyfaceMcGee