2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Well, the Phillies will just have to score some more farging runs, then.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Wingspan on October 28, 2008, 10:17:42 AM
What a nightmare of a night...everyone except Bud Selig and John Bolaris knew it was going to rain, and rain hard all night after the 2nd inning baseball is run by idiots.

Oh...and can we stop with this it's "unfair they played the top of the 6th" bullshtein? I have never once seen a game where they played in bad weather where they said "Well lets let the other team bat again before they called it." Stop whining. Selig is an idiot...the game should have been moved up from the start as of 3 pm yesterday, and shorten the commercials. but it wasnt, you play the hand you're dealt. The Phils have 4 at bats left, and the rays 3...and farg David Price, they scored 2 runs off him in game 2...they'll do it again.

One good thing came of this...well 8 good things. I was able to get 8 additional ticket stubs for whenever they resume this because of the moron fans who just tossed them. So now pretty much my entire family and close friends will all be able to go...

Although i have a feeling that the phils are going to win this thing with about a half empty stadium with all the tickets people stupidly tossed.

The POINT is that it should have NEVER GONE AS FAR AS IT DID. Like you said, the weather was well known to anyone with a TV or computer. It wasn't going to let up once it started, it was only going to get worse. WHY START THAT 6TH INNING?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Wingspan

Fine...you want to play that game...it should never have gotten past the top of the 4th. meaning you would have wasted Hamels entire start because they would have just restarted the game.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SD_Eagle5

One good thing came of this...well 8 good things. I was able to get 8 additional ticket stubs for whenever they resume this because of the moron fans who just tossed them. So now pretty much my entire family and close friends will all be able to go...

Although i have a feeling that the phils are going to win this thing with about a half empty stadium with all the tickets people stupidly tossed.

No shtein? Any interest in selling me a stub?

I'm glad you're all so confident they'll still win, I see yet another heartache on the horizon.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Oh, and in other news, farg Grant Balfour and his fate bullshtein.  I hope they send him out there for the bottom of the 6th, and Howard or Burrell puts some fate right up the middle off of his dome.

stalker

Burrell will hit a walkoff homer in his last at bat in Red Pinstripes.
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

phillymic2000

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 28, 2008, 10:08:10 AM
both teams had to play in it...cant say rollins couldnt get to balls but the tampa players could?...or kazmir was able to pitch in it but hamels was not?

the "only" mistake made was the pathetic and cowardly decision to end the game in the middle of an inning because bud got the tie he wanted...you have to let the phillies hit in the bottom of the 6th....one of the worst decisions of all time

I agree 100%, looking to the start up we get 4 innings (if needed) to hit in good conditions. The Rays get a chance to pitch and field in good conditions for 4 innings. I would feel much better if they would have let us hit and the rays pitch in the bottom of the sixth.

Wingspan

Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 28, 2008, 10:24:21 AM

I'm glad you're all so confident they'll still win, I see yet another heartache on the horizon.

No sale...they're all spoken for now.

They still have 3 chances to win 1 game.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SD_Eagle5

I'm about 30 minutes from the stadium and it's flurrying outside my pad right now.

phillymic2000

QuoteThey still have 3 chances to win 1 game.

Damn right baby, this is our fargin time.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 28, 2008, 10:24:21 AM

You really think the Phillies lose 2.5 games in a row now?

Stop.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

Quote"When the wind turned around and started coming in from right field is when you started to see where players had trouble catching the ball, and now the game runs the risk of being comical," said umpire Tim Tschida.
yeah, comical
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Oh...and can we stop with this it's "unfair they played the top of the 6th" bullshtein? I have never once seen a game where they played in bad weather where they said "Well lets let the other team bat again before they called it." Stop whining. Selig is an idiot...the game should have been moved up from the start as of 3 pm yesterday, and shorten the commercials. but it wasnt, you play the hand you're dealt. The Phils have 4 at bats left, and the rays 3...and farg David Price, they scored 2 runs off him in game 2...they'll do it again.

im pretty sure mlb has secretly directed the umps to never ever call a game due to weather that isnt tied anymore....i remember 2 years ago a yanks orioles game that was played in HORRIBLE conditions...worse than last night...that they didnt call until right after the yanks tied the game in the top of the 8th....i remember melvin mora even got ejected for complaining about having to play in it

the bottom line is if you start the 6th you finish the 6th....and i have no doubt in my mind that the game would have continued had tampa not scored in the top of that inning
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Same here IGY, a sidebar question would be, if they ended up scoring 2 in the inning, would they have called it so they could bring it back to Tampa and get more TV time? 

The simple fact that the Rays got to hit, and the phils didnt is complete bullshtein
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

LOL, these fargers are NOT winning a World Series.

GO PHILS.