2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

one of the youngest World Series in history

17 players among both teams were born while Reagan was the president

Quote"[I watched] 'Boy Meets World' on Friday nights," Rays center fielder B.J. Upton said. "I loved Topanga."

Said third baseman Evan Longoria: "I was a big 'Saved by the Bell' guy. And 'Family Matters.'"

Quote...the Rays have 15 players who weren't even born the last time the Phillies clinched a World Series title on Oct. 21, 1980. Longoria was just 8 years old the last time the Phils were in the Series, in 1993, and Upton was 9.

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 21, 2008, 05:48:15 PM
Either Burrell or Coste in game 1, then Dobbs in game 2.  Hopefully we don't need to worry about games 6 or 7 but it would be Dobbs in those games too...

burrell is not an option hes been terrible in interleague games as DH...with coste theres the slight risk of losing your DH if Ruiz gets hurt but come on that shouldnt really be a concern...

i honestly think taguchi is the play....more speed on the basepaths and even tho he sucked this year he did pretty well as a starter...he was atrocious as a PH and to me if youre not gonna start him at DH i leave him off in place of marson cause im not sure why youd even have him on the roster if youre just going to use him as a PH
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

final results of the ESPN SportsNation poll: 

60% overall and 47/50 states voted for the Rays

Like f'ing Wyoming knew the Rays existed before Sunday

ice grillin you

cmon dukes its wyoming...they didnt know who the phillies were before yesterday

Don Ho

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 22, 2008, 10:16:27 AM
final results of the ESPN SportsNation poll: 

60% overall and 47/50 states voted for the Rays

Like f'ing Wyoming knew the Rays existed before Sunday

well considering a total of 2 people voted in Wyoming the number is a little skewed.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

seems early to me but according to espn....

Rollins
Victorino
Utley
Howard
Burrell
Werth
Feliz
Ruiz
Coste

PhillyGirl

I don't like Coste at DH.

What happens if Ruiz gets hurt?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 22, 2008, 03:39:38 PM

That's why they should have called up Marson as the emergency catcher and sent Taguchi back to Nagasaki.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 22, 2008, 03:39:38 PM

good question.  i thought i heard if the catcher gets hurt and the backup is the DH, the DH can move to catcher but now the pitcher assumes the DH role as well.  does that sound right?  that came up on Big Daddy's show last night.

PhillyGirl

I don't know...I guess I'd rather see Dobbs in there...even against a rightie.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Can't a DH switch to the field if an injury occurs?  I thought they could.

phattymatty