2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phanatic

I was 9 years old. I was trying to watch the game and my parents sent me to bed because it was past my bed time. I had a little black and white TV in my room. So I turned the volume down and watched the game with no sound. When they won I freaked out and started jumping up and down in my room screaming how they won. Busted! Step Dad came in and I was in the trouble... He wasn't a sports fan.

Either way this has been a cool ride. I'm excited all over again.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Wingspan

Quote from: Zanshin on October 16, 2008, 11:36:39 AM
Who here went to the parade in '80?  I was in third grade, it was a day off from school, and it was awesome.  If the Phils pull this thing out, I'm going to have to come down to take my boy to that parade....if only for old times sake.

I was there...i was 5 and dont remember it, but i was there.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

phattymatty

500 bucks for a standing room only for game 3?  farg.

Seabiscuit36

in a recession.  Otherwise they'd be higher i would think
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Current AL East Teams

Boston Red Sox
New York Yankees
Baltimore Orioles
Toronto Blue Jays
Tampa Bay Rays

Teams the Phillies have lost to in the World Series

Boston Red Sox
New York Yankees
Baltimore Orioles
Toronto Blue Jays

farg the Rays.  They are NOT making this farging list.  And the Red Sox don't get to make it again, either.  farg them all.  Go Phillies.

PhillyPhanInDC

Who here went to the parade in '80?  I was in third grade, it was a day off from school, and it was awesome.  If the Phils pull this thing out, I'm going to have to come down to take my boy to that parade....if only for old times sake.

I was eighteen months old. My old man took me and my older brother down. I obviously remember none of it. My older brother tells me that moms was hating on dad for taking me outside for so long when I was so little.

Quote from: Phanatic on October 16, 2008, 11:45:07 AM
I was 9 years old. Busted! Step Dad came in and I was in the trouble... He wasn't a sports fan.

........................and that's when the sodomy began.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

phattymatty

TJ Simers column..

QuoteSEVERAL DODGERS fans e-mailed complaining about the fan experience in the stadium for Game 4.

"I am not sure I will take my son to another Dodger game any time soon," wrote Ken Gowey. "It makes me absolutely ashamed to be a Dodger fan."

I was afraid of this, knowing some folks born in Philly have probably moved here and become Dodgers fans over the years.

The thing is, you just can't take the Angryville out of them, which obviously explains all the problems in Dodger Stadium.

I'm actually a little impressed with this guy's ability to piss people off.  I'm assuming that he wrote this on purpose to piss Philly people off and he doesn't really believe it, no nice work TJ.

paco

Quote from: PPinDC on October 16, 2008, 12:20:01 PM

I was eighteen months old. My old man took me and my older brother down. I obviously remember none of it. My older brother tells me that moms was hating on dad for taking me outside for so long when I was so little.

When the phillies last won the series I was only 2.  I don't remember any of it.  I was so drunk.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

Feva

Not that you guys really give two shteins, but a part of me wants the Phils to take care of biz for the simple fact that there'll be a ton of Eagles fans that get the monkey off their backs.  If they do it, who knows?  Maybe it'll open the floodgates for the Birds...

Pains me to say it, but...

Go Phils
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

mussa

chickie and petes was off the hook last night. i had mitch williams right next to me before the game. place went crazy when they won...beers were flying everywhere...everyone just spilled out onto the streets. it was like they won the damn world series.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PoopyfaceMcGee

paco

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 16, 2008, 01:00:05 PM
The bandwagon is getting full now.

That better not have been at me.  We have already had the discussion how my 2 team allegance has been narrowed down to one (back in 04 or 05).

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: paco on October 16, 2008, 01:06:28 PM

That better not have been at me.  We have already had the discussion how my 2 team allegance has been narrowed down to one (back in 04 or 05).

I was referring to both of the Mets fans that have resigned to support of the Phillies for the good of the city of Philadelphia and its sports fans in general.

Matt Stairs used to play for the A's, so you have that going for you.

paco

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 16, 2008, 01:11:43 PM
Quote from: paco on October 16, 2008, 01:06:28 PM

I was referring to both of the Mets fans that have resigned to support of the Phillies for the good of the city of Philadelphia and its sports fans in general.

Matt Stairs used to play for the A's, so you have that going for you.

And Rich Harden contributed to the Cubs choke job allowing philly to play the LA Ramirez's

(And you know I dumped Oakland, suga)

phattymatty