2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

MDS

ok

temple people started congregating on broad and cecil, then eventually we all started running around campus, someone knocked over the bagel hut, there had to be like 1000 students just goin nuts, then someone had the brilliant idea to run to city hall, so me and 2 buddies got in my car and drove around center city for an hour honking the horn and slapping hands with random people.

i have a midterm tomorrow that i have yet to study for, but the last 2 hours were some of the best of my life. i love you all. even munson. well actually no, hes a waste of sperm and i feel sorry for his parents.

go team!

here is the best video of the scene, so far:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOJTKc4EK5o

I perched myself atop this big brown vent thing on the corner of broad and cecil, so when videos come out of that, chances are my dorky lanky awkward physic will be easy to spot.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Munson

My buddy nick on the rugby team went up to city hall whilst celebrating.

I plan on being in the city if they're in a clinching game, because I plan on being a part of the riot that will probably literally burn the city down if they win.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Drunkmasterflex

The Phillies are going to win it all, one simple reason I won't be around to enjoy the festivities. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Munson

Quote from: Don Ho on October 16, 2008, 05:00:50 AM
Molotov cocktails for all of us!

Seriously. After seeing the reaction tonight, I have no doubt in my mind that Philadelphia will burn to the ground if they win the World Series.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

Quote from: Munson on October 16, 2008, 05:23:08 AM

Seriously. After seeing the reaction tonight, I have no doubt in my mind that Philadelphia will burn to the ground if they win the World Series.

I just might fly up for that.

Got the green light from the Mrs. to catch a game but man that's a long ass trip from the islands.  Plus getting tickets will be absolutley impossible.  Hell, I wouldn't mind just hanging out in the city just to experience all this.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

Furcal not only had 3 errors, but he picked his nose on national TV..ha
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Don Ho on October 16, 2008, 05:33:45 AM
Got the green light from the Mrs. to catch a game

Me too.  I'm wondering if tickets are still available for game 1 or game 2 in Tampa.

DH

Congratulations fellas...

Mets fan or not, Im thrilled to see the city celebrate this - even if its the only Philly team I dont like. As much as it will pain me to see the Phils win the Series; not because its the Phils, but because its not the Birds, Flyers or Sixers I know how great it is for the fanbase and how amazing a parade down Broad would be...

Im sure y'all think this is all in sarcasm, but I'll be very quietly rooting for you guys...my Philly love is too strong to not do so..

ice grillin you

what are you talking about...other than one bottle throwing incident was there a single negative thing you could say about the celebrations last night that would lead you to believe the city will burn down if they win the world series
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 16, 2008, 08:55:16 AM

what are you talking about...other than one bottle throwing incident was there a single negative thing you could say about the celebrations last night that would lead you to believe the city will burn down if they win the world series

That liberal media and their bias again.  :P
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54