2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteRollins blew off reporters again yesterday. ("What a game. That's my quote," he said as he left the locker room.) But that's the least of it. Since being benched for getting to Shea Stadium late on Thursday, Rollins has made a point of showing up just in time to beat the manager's arrival deadline, and he affects a body language that indicates he doesn't much care what anyone thinks of it. If his teammates aren't tired of the act, you can be sure the front office is. It doesn't take much to mess up the mechanism of a baseball team. Rollins could do it all by himself.

Jimmy's gotta grow the farg up

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

nypost says phils and mess the two teams at the front of the latest manny ramirez trade rumors

and good to see cookies pitching well
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Getting Manny would be awesome. I guess they would have to give up Burrell? I hope not. But then you have an OF of Manny - Vic/Wert - Burrell

Steve Smith tried to score Utley on a line drive single by Howard to RCF from 1st. The ball didn't even make it to the wall.

He sucks.

Rain delay. Starting the game was stupid. They knew the rain was moving in so now they'll likely have to burn the pen.

Rome

Why the hell would the Phillies want another malcontented head case on this team?

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on July 27, 2008, 02:27:16 PM
Why the hell would the Phillies want another malcontented head case on this team?

That was my thought.  Ramirez is already known for not running out hits and half-assing it when he doesn't feel like giving the effort.  To me, there's no need to add him to a clubhouse situation that already seems to be going to hell in a handbasket.

Rome

Manny being Manny wouldn't fly in Philly.  If there's one thing we can't stand it's a motherfarger who doesn't bust his ass and hustle.   

PhillyPhreak54

Fish 3 Cubs 0
Mets 7 Cards 0
Braves 2 Phils 0

Yay baby!!

PhillyPhreak54

Apparently Happ was pulled from his start today in the minors after 2.2 innings and not for being zesty or being hurt....

Geowhizzer

Has the game actually been called, or is it still just a rain delay.  I ask because my Game Mix on DTV lists it at PPD, but the Yahoo boxscore still has it as delayed.

MDS

tarps coming off theyre gonna resume soon. eaton pitching.

happ and burrell for manny? ummmmmm

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on July 27, 2008, 03:46:54 PM
tarps coming off theyre gonna resume soon. eaton pitching.

Um.... thank God for that.

MDS

manny played 4-6 games as a rf in 2002. he and burrell will be lethal corner of's you just wait america.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on July 27, 2008, 04:09:57 PM
manny played 4-6 games as a rf in 2002. he and burrell will be lethal corner of's you just wait america.

Victorino would be dead by the end of the season.