2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

When I'm King Of The World, you'll stop posting like a farging drama queen.

ice grillin you

youre sad because a newspaper writer is mean and im a drama queen?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Yes, I'm sad because Bill Conlin is a miserable douchebag.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

I enjoy Conlin's writing. He's insufferable at times on DNL and he is not enjoyable to look at with the unkempt beard and boulders of dandruff on his shoulders...but he's a baseball guy and I enjoy reading his stuff.

I'm not going to sweat losing Cardenas nor will I blink an eye at losing Outman, who was moved to the 'pen in AA. You've gotta give to get. Blanton can be a good starter; he's done it before so let's hope he does it again.

Either way, he's better than Eaton and he will go 7 a start.

MDS

QuoteThe Phillies were recently working on a blockbuster with Colorado that would have netted them Brian Fuentes and Matt Holliday for something like Shane Victorino, J.A. Happ, Carlos Carrasco, and Lou Marson. Those talks have stalled, and the added payroll might've been a problem for the Phillies anyway.

Why couldnt they pull that kind of a deal for CC? If this went down, it would have been awful. A major league ready starter, their 2 best prospects and an above average outfielder for a relief pitcher and one of the best bats in the game? Factor in that Burrell wouldn't have been resigned and the lineup isn't all that much better next year.

Thankfully this team is cheap as balls. But obviously this is the kind of deal that puts them all-in on winning the series this year, so what the farg.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Where'd you get that from?

I don't know how I would feel about that.

Who plays CF...Werth? That means Holliday in RF. His defense is not very good.

I wondered if Holliday in RF in the ASG was a showcase by Hurdle. fargudome usually plays RF and they had him in left, right?

PhillyPhreak54

I just read on the Phils MB that it was Carrasco, Savery, Donald and Victorino

MDS

That sounds better. But it's great that ownership continues to nix deals because it might cost them some more money. It's not like this isn't the 4th largest media market in the country or that 80% of the games have been sellouts. farging christ I hate them.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep, they're cheap fargs. But if they didn't have that dead weight Eaton's deal on the books who knows what they would do....

So let's look at what that trade would do...is Holliday a FA after this year or next?

Rollins
Utley
Holliday
Howard
Burrell
Werth
Feliz
Coste/Ruiz

Gordon*
Madson
Romero
Fuentes
Lidge

King
Moyer
Kendrick
Myers
Blanton

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MDS on July 18, 2008, 05:51:01 PM
QuoteThe Phillies were recently working on a blockbuster with Colorado that would have netted them Brian Fuentes and Matt Holliday for something like Shane Victorino, J.A. Happ, Carlos Carrasco, and Lou Marson. Those talks have stalled, and the added payroll might've been a problem for the Phillies anyway.

They were just talking about Holliday and Fuentes being available on DNL so I started putting trade scenarios together in my head.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 18, 2008, 05:57:26 PM
I just read on the Phils MB that it was Carrasco, Savery, Donald and Victorino

I'd do that in a heartbeat. Would hate to lose Carrasco but as long as they're not givng up Marson too I could live with that. No way Burrell is re-signed and Holliday is a better player.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 18, 2008, 06:19:31 PM
Rollins
Utley
Holliday
Howard
Burrell
Werth
Feliz
Coste/Ruiz

That lineup would be scary.

Rome

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Rome on July 18, 2008, 06:46:40 PM
That shot was not taken at a bar in China.

lol

Blanton will get his first start Tuesday at Shea.

MDS

So Eaton is in the bullpen now....

Bisineus will obviously get sent down when Cookies gets put on the roster Sunday, so who goes when Myers comes back Wednesday? Since it appears they are committed to Eaton in the pen, I guess it'll be good old Rudy Seanez.

And seriously, Gee off doesn't suck anymore?