2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 11, 2008, 01:33:50 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 11, 2008, 01:28:50 PM
geovany soto

Excuse me.  Who?

hes the guy that doesnt get pulled out of every game in the 7th inning cause he cant catch or run
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

so you blame burrell because charlie is a moron...awesome
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i dont blame burrell for anything...i blame the team somewhat but mostly i blame its idiotic new cbp fanbase

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

just make sure you dont spill my beer next time youre doing the wave

ice grillin you

PHILADELPHIA -- Pat Burrell was at a diner Wednesday when he saw five Phillies fans carrying "Vote for Pat" signs. The left fielder has also seen the billboards and the T-shirts with the same slogan.

It's all part of campaign to get Burrell into his first All-Star Game.

"It's unbelievable," Burrell said.

As of Wednesday afternoon, Burrell and the Mets' David Wright were closely trailing Milwaukee's Corey Hart in the Monster 2008 All-Star Game Final Vote. The Giants' Aaron Rowand and the Astros' Carlos Lee are also in the running.

Phillies fans have until 5 p.m. ET on Thursday to vote Burrell into his first All Star Game. He didn't make the NL squad that was announced Sunday afternoon, but has a second chance as one of five finalists for the Monster 2008 All-Star Final Vote.

Burrell is getting plenty of support from four Phillies fans who have been working since noon Tuesday to cast as many votes as possible. The four -- Nick Ferraro of Lancaster, Monica Horwedel of Conshohocken, Jason Schatz of Willow Grove and Todd Smith of Oreland -- were picked by sports talk radio station WIP to hold vigil at a table outside the upper level of Harry the K's at Citizens Bank Park, using their laptops to repeatedly vote for Burrell.

Late Wednesday afternoon, the four showed no signs of slowing down. Horwedel estimated that they had collectively cast about 50,000 votes for the Phillies' left fielder. The group is hoping to cast more than 100,000 votes for Burrell.

"We still have a whole day," Horwedel said.

Whichever one of them stays awake the longest and votes the most will receive a jersey personally autographed by Burrell and will attend a Phillies game with 15 friends in Burrell's suite.

Burrell smiled in amazement when discussing the four fans' efforts.

"They're really going out of their way," he said.

In its seventh year, the Final Vote gives baseball fans the chance to select the final player on each squad. The winners will be announced on MLB.com.

Burrell said he doesn't have computer (bullshtein) , so the left fielder hasn't been able to cast a vote yet. Still, his teammates have been happy to campaign on his behalf.

"His numbers speak for themselves," second baseman Chase Utley said. "And he's my buddy."

Munson

If those were black players and he said "that's my dawg"...you wouldn't have bolded it.

They both deserve to be in the all-star game, and if there's a question on either of them it's Howard due to his zesty BA, insane amount of strike outs, and terrible fielding. End of discussion.

Seriously....shut up.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 11, 2008, 02:54:42 PM
"His numbers speak for themselves," second baseman Chase Utley said. "And he's my buddy."
How can they be buddies? Chase spends time saving old cats while Pat regularly kills young puss.

Quote from: Munson on July 11, 2008, 02:58:14 PM
If those were black players and he said "that's my dawg"...you wouldn't have bolded it.

Ha. Your doucheness knows no bounds. He schooled you in the torture thread, so now you follow him around all day to knock anything he does. You should've whipped out the "you're a fag!" routine.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PPinDC on July 11, 2008, 03:00:00 PM
How can they be buddies? Chase spends time saving old cats while Pat regularly kills young Hoyda.

excellent observation

Seabiscuit36

god damn thats gay shtein right there, makes me sad to be a phils fan
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

David Wright replaced Soriano.  Try again next year

Munson

Quote from: PPinDC on July 11, 2008, 03:00:00 PM
How can they be buddies? Chase spends time saving old cats while Pat regularly kills young puss.

Quote from: Munson on July 11, 2008, 02:58:14 PM

Ha. Your doucheness knows no bounds. He schooled you in the torture thread, so now you follow him around all day to knock anything he does. You should've whipped out the "you're a fag!" routine.

You're the one that follows my posts around. I don't see how calling me a dope is any better then calling him a fag and somehow I got schooled. Riiiiiight.
Nice try, though.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

BigEd76

the DBacks lineup tonight has four guys (including the pitcher) that don't have a HR yet this year, their #3 guy has 7 HRs, and their cleanup hitter has 8 HRs