2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: SunMo on July 10, 2008, 04:03:11 PM
they sold out a BPS against the Cardinals?  phillies fans are insane

they didnt sell out tuesday (41k) and june 2 against cinci (38k). since june the rest have been sellouts.

the low this year was the 3rd game against dc. other than that theyve been over 30k.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

BigEd76

PoopyfaceMcGee

Myers is pitching for Reading next.  Will they keep sending him down until he's finally whiffing little leaguers?

ice grillin you

reading is at home that why hes pitching there...they dont want to send him on 14 hr minor league bus trips
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 10, 2008, 04:47:36 PM
reading is at home that why hes pitching there...they dont want to send him on 14 hr minor league bus trips

You may be right, but dear god who cares? The dude is a minor leaguer right now, shouldn't he be traveling with his fellow minor leaguers?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

he's not a minor leaguer...he's a major leaguer pitching in the minors
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on July 10, 2008, 04:54:06 PM

You may be right, but dear god who cares? The dude is a minor leaguer right now, shouldn't he be traveling with his fellow minor leaguers?

hes there to straighten out his pitching...not to bond with teammates playing peanuckle on the back of the swb team bus

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on July 10, 2008, 04:55:20 PM
he's not a minor leaguer...he's a major leaguer pitching in the minors

Judging from what I saw from him this year, I'd say the exact opposite.  He was a minor leaguer pitching in the majors. 

Boom!  Outta here. 

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 10, 2008, 05:04:40 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on July 10, 2008, 04:54:06 PM

hes there to straighten out his pitching...not to bond with teammates playing peanuckle on the back of the swb team bus

I think that's a load of bullshtein. If you aren't good enough to stay up with the team you aren't a big leaguer. But whatever. I know that you're right and that that is exactly what the team is doing, but it's retarded.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

Stark:

Quote"The buzz in Philadelphia is that GM Pat Gillick has convinced ownership to take on a big contract if the right starting pitcher falls into their zip code. We're not sure how hard that was, but even the most skeptical members of a conservative ownership group can't help but see that the Phillies aren't going anywhere without a high-impact starter.

"Then again, Sabathia was the guy they'd targeted. Yet they wouldn't talk about either their best minor league arm, Carlos Carrasco, or their most advanced position player, catcher Lou Marson, in those Sabathia discussions. So without altering that stance, they might not even have the ammunition to get a second-tier starter.

"Phillies executives have been telling people they're wary of both Erik Bedard and A.J. Burnett. But at this point, they have no choice but to stalk both of them."

Nice to see that this ownership group is still having to be convinced rather than them going to the GM and telling him to do whatever it takes to win. I hate them.

ice grillin you

they cant trade carrasco they him to take hamels spot when he leaves

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 10, 2008, 05:04:40 PM
peanuckle

Worst misspelling of any word in the history of ever?

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 10, 2008, 06:57:07 PM
they cant trade carrasco they him to take hamels spot when he leaves

Right, then Kendrick will be the #2.