2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

You mean if 4 of the 5 starters all collapse at the same time, it could get bad? Really? shtein.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Wingspan on June 18, 2008, 01:33:15 PM
You mean is 4 of the 5 starters all collapse at the same time, it could get bad? Really? shtein.

Well, one already has collapsed (Myers) and one is basically expected to collapse (Eaton).  So, if Moyer and Kendrick are your #2 and #3... Yeah, there could be trouble ahead.

SD_Eagle5

They aren't hitting well is whats killing them. Its fun and great and all when they hang 8 or 20 runs on a team but putting up a goose egg or 1 or 2 runs the next couple of games isn't gonna get it done.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Looks like Kendrick won't get through 4 innings.

ice grillin you

well he went seven last game so he had to bring his average back down to its normal 5
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

utley is just brutal these days. obviously its a horrid slump and he'll break out of it, but when choke is doing his usual thing and burrell is flailing along, it doesn't really give them any kind of chance to win.

and yea they need to go balls out and get sabathia or sheets or something. anything less than that aint gonna get the job done.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Wingspan

Quote from: SD_Eagle on June 18, 2008, 01:36:18 PM
They aren't hitting well is whats killing them. Its fun and great and all when they hang 8 or 20 runs on a team but putting up a goose egg or 1 or 2 runs the next couple of games isn't gonna get it done.

Exacty. Their pitching, for the most part, has been fine. But right now Utley and Howard are slumping, and for this team to succeed you need 2 of the 3 in the middle (Utley/Howard/Burrell) to be hitting.

That said, every team slumps once in a while, and I would rather have to get through this in June, rather than August.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Wingspan

And while we're at it...can someone let the fans know that incessantly booing JD Drew isn't working?

Connection Problems

SunMo

i wouldn't doubt they go through this in August too

their lineup is prone to slumps...they don't walk a ton and play for the 3 run homerun
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

also they are incredibly slow 4-9, like pretty much no one can go 1st to 3rd, 2nd to home or steal a base (except for werth when he plays). it really doesnt help things when you always have to play station to station baseball and have guys with obp's hovering around .300.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Wingspan

They're in the top 10 in MLB in being walked actually. #5 in NL.
Connection Problems

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

PoopyfaceMcGee

Nothing to worry about there.  Need 3 runs with the 5-hole set to lead off.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: FastFreddie on June 18, 2008, 03:51:49 PM
Nothing to worry about there.  Need 3 runs with the 5-hole set to lead off.

The top of the order has produced squat today, 2 men on no outs with Victorino, Utley, and Howard and they get shtein. The bottom of the order has been hittin. They basically have this inning to win it because once Papelbom comes in its game over.