2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

Standing O for Eaton as he leaves the field.

6 2/3, 1 run (Solo HR) on 3 hits.  Excellent start for him again.

Rome

Howard at bat again with the bases loaded and one out and strikes out feebly.

Then Burrell gets rung up on a pitch that was six inches inside.

Whoever the umpire is behind home plate, he needs a lobotomy.

BigEd76

Lidge gives up 2 walks and a single but gets help from a DP....Phils win 3-2  :yay

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sgt PSN

I won't say I've done a complete 180 on Eaton since opening day because I'm still waiting for him to implode, but the bottom line is that he's been far better than expected this year, and his last few starts have been quality work.  He seems like he's pitching fairly well.....not pitching well for a #5, just flat out pitching well.  Can't hate on him right now. 

PhillyPhreak54

Big time props to Eaton for the way he's been throwing lately. He deserved the standing ovation tonight.

That Danny Herrera dude is the guy they got with Volquez for Hamilton. Talk about a good deal for both teams.

Myers has to be on his game tomorrow. Keep this streak going....

10 games above .500 and the Fish lose again.

MDS

Eaton was great. I didn't get taking him out and bringing Romero in for 1 batter (in a 3-1 game, nobody on, had struck out White Choke Dog twice)....but whatever. It doesn't matter.

Good to get a win when the offense couldn't do squat with RISP and with Gordon and Lidge not having their best stuff. Better than that, this was my first win at CBP in 2 years. Better than that, the douchebags in the top level tried to get the wave going and were denied. Worse than that, on a dollar dog night there were limited fights and ruckus in the upper level. Gotta do better than that, Philly.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on June 03, 2008, 11:16:00 PM
Eaton was great. I didn't get taking him out and bringing Romero in for 1 batter (in a 3-1 game, nobody on, had struck out White Choke Dog twice)

i didnt like that move either...thought it was overmanaging 101 but didnt mention it because chuckles has been uncharacteristically not awful this year

Wingspan

Romero had already warmed up before the inning started, and he had not pitched in a week.

If not for that Eaton would have finished the 7th.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

Wingspan

Well if you're going to analyze the move, you should know the reason behind it.
Connection Problems

PoopyfaceMcGee

42 is the answer the the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything.