2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Geowhizzer

BigEd76

back on after another rain delay.  Toronto used Roy Halladay as a reliever to get Burrell out.  6-4 in the 7th

PhillyPhreak54

Burrell goes yard to make it 6-5 with 2 outs, then Coste double and Bruntett K's. He almost got two alls fair down the line at 3rd though.

The HP ump Laz Diaz was in a hurry to get gone though. He called some brutal pitches as strikes in the 9th.

BigEd76

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

QB Eagles

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyPhreak54

And they are getting shut down by Cy farging Redding again. He 1-hit their asses last time. Now they get hits but no hits with RISP.

1st inning - Rollins out; Vic single, Utley single then Howard and Burrell out
2nd inning - Jenkins double, gets stranded
3rd inning - Rollins out; Vic single, Utley single then Howard and Burrell out
4th inning - Jenkins double, gets stranded

Then they don't do shtein.

And Ray Knight is absolutely TERRIBLE. He never shuts up. Gimme Wheels over this guy any day long.

Rome

I went and saw the Single A Clearwater team tonight.

I won't bore you with all the details but I'll pass this along:  They had SIX baserunners either picked off by the pitcher or thrown out by a fielder in seven innings.  SIX fargING RUNNERS.

The Phillies Way, ladies and gentlemen.   :yay

PhillyPhreak54

Good step in preparing them for the big club. Now once they master not hitting with runners on, dropping easy balls right in the chest area and bobbling balls they'll be fast-tracked.

What a shtein ass game.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 20, 2008, 09:23:49 AM
88 wins I think, no? I had the over.

ah right...team wins....i dont remember the number but i have it written down at home....i couldnt even remember what the bet was about
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Some interesting baseball stories as told by the fans.

This one is pretty cool...

Quote"This is a college baseball story, but about a current major leaguer, so hopefully it qualifies. I remember watching Pat Burrell, who had already clubbed two homers for Miami against the J.D. Drew-led Seminoles. His next time up, the pitcher threw a fastball right at him. But instead of diving away, Burrell took his hand off the bat and caught the ball with his bare hand. He threw it to the ground in disgust, stared down the pitcher (who probably soiled himself), then went on to hit another home run later for good measure."
--JT (Miami)
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.