2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 17, 2008, 11:54:37 PM
Oh and Butterfingers Choke Dawg dropped another one right at chest level.

has anyone in the history of baseball ever missed two little league catches like he has in one year...has anyone ever missed one?....dook is a joke

lol @ easy freaking out about an ex phillie coming back to haunt.....his worst nightmare

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 18, 2008, 09:37:04 AM
Eaton...he's a solid 5th starter.

This year, he mostly has been.  Not great, but not the horrific nightmare he was last year. I wouldn't mind seeing the staff improved.  Yes, he gave up a salami to Rod F. Barajas, but afterwards kept the Phils within striking distance.

Now, we can talk about the supposed number 2.  He's been a freaking nightmare, and I don't see an improving trend in the future.

Number one need for the trading deadline should be a #2 starter.  Unfortunately, I don't believe that a) the Phils have the trading chips to pull it off and b) that the Phils would have the balls to do it even if they did.

Rome

Burrell is 10 for 48 with 1 home run and 6 rbi's in May.  His average has dropped from .333 on May 1st to .286 after last night's 0'fer.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on May 18, 2008, 10:27:54 AM
Burrell is 10 for 48 with 1 home run and 6 rbi's in May.  His average has dropped from .333 on May 1st to .286 after last night's 0'fer.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 18, 2008, 09:45:45 AM

This year, he mostly has been.  Not great, but not the horrific nightmare he was last year. I wouldn't mind seeing the staff improved.  Yes, he gave up a salami to Rod F. Barajas, but afterwards kept the Phils within striking distance.

It was sarcasm and no, he's not a solid starter at ANY spot. Even a #5. He's garbage and the sooner they get rid of him the better.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 18, 2008, 10:52:11 AM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 18, 2008, 09:45:45 AM

It was sarcasm and no, he's not a solid starter at ANY spot. Even a #5. He's garbage and the sooner they get rid of him the better.

I realize it was sarcasm.  That's what we usually get from you.  And, as I said, this year he usually has been a decent #5 starter.  Yes, he's not a great starter.  But list #5 starters that are.

A much bigger problem for this team is Brett Myers.  Eaton, who sucks, has had better results than the team's #2 starter.   If a pitcher is killing this team this year, it is the wife-beating practical joker.

Sgt PSN

To summarize....

Myers = Not pitching anywhere near as well as he should be.

Eaton = Not pitching anywhere near as bad as he should be. 

Next. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 18, 2008, 11:12:40 AM
To summarize....

Myers = Not pitching anywhere near as well as he should be.

Eaton = Not pitching anywhere near as bad as he should be. 

Next. 

Ryan Howard = Strikeout Machine Glove Butcher.

Next.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

The slam to someone as awful as Barajas was pathetic, but he didn't single-handedly lose that game last night. Phils offense could only muster out 3 runs. Eaton has been about as good as you're gonna get from a #5 starter this year. It's actually been a pleasant surprise.     
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 18, 2008, 02:00:35 PM
choke dawg goes yard again...2-0

Seems to be feast or famine for Howard right now.  HR or Ks galore.

BigEd76

Tarp is off....expected to restart at 4:05 with Durbin pitching

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.