2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Wingspan on May 08, 2008, 03:58:46 PM
nickel brain gives up another 1st inning homer.

Leads the league. I love when he tries to sneak in a fastball right down the pipe.

Rome

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 08, 2008, 04:46:21 PM
eat a cock you pos wife beater

i yelled the same thing as i was on the phone with my co-worker watching this shtein.  he didn't even ask, his response "What, Phils losing?".
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Don Ho on May 08, 2008, 04:48:40 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 08, 2008, 04:46:21 PM
eat a cock you pos wife beater
i yelled the same thing as i was on the phone with my co-worker watching this shtein. response "What, Phils losing?".

Doesn't that constitute asking?

I was at training until late, then had a two hour drive home. With Webb pitching, I figured they'd lose, but by reading the recap and IGY's always colorful comments, I'm pleased I missed another Myers hack job.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhanInDC

He should still be batting clean-up though. For sure.

I didn't see the game last night, but the other night when power-pitcher Micah Owings was in, they went right after him. He scares no one, and has holes in his swing so big it's farging unbelievable.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

you dont move him after a five week slump....especially after last year when he was horrible and rebounded with a half decent year....if he doesnt break out of this funk in the next month or so then his career is probably over but he at least deserves that much

i know it would have been an extremely hard trigger to pull but i wanted them to trade him this past offseason...his value was still really high and now its in a full blown recesssion

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 09, 2008, 09:27:14 AM
you dont move him after a five week slump....especially after last year when he was horrible and rebounded with a half decent year....if he doesnt break out of this funk in the next month or so then his career is probably over but he at least deserves that much

i know it would have been an extremely hard trigger to pull but i wanted them to trade him this past offseason...his value was still really high and now its in a full blown recesssion

I sort of agree, but I think you have to consider how bad a slump this is. He looks absolutely lost, and I haven't seen any signs that he could be coming around.

MDS

you need 4 k's per game in the middle of the lineup. keep him there. it just makes too much sense.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Pretty soon, people won't be debating whether or not to move him, but whether he should be moved further back in the lineup or to Lehigh Valley. I'm not sure it can really be called a slump when the numbers are that bad for that long, and seemingly getting worse. That's like a great depression.

Don Ho

Quote from: PPinDC on May 09, 2008, 09:40:02 AM
He looks absolutely lost, and I haven't seen any signs that he could be coming around.

totally lost and clueless.  I cringe when i see him on deck and have now resorted to leave the room when he bats. .161 jeez.