2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

ironic too that the worst pinch runner in the league was in there for the phils in the 9th
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

i guess i'm missing the humor in michael bourn hitting a homerun?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

How does irony fit into Taguchi pinch running?

Astros broadcasters were saying tonight that Rollins may be leaving the team tonight/tomorrow due to a death in his family.

The stuff he's saying about running straight ahead bring no problem is junk. Its not just lateral movement, its all movement that he is having issues with.

Tough loss, but unless Utley and Burrell are doing something there is no hope from this offense right now.

Who would have thought that Eaton and Kendrick pitch well enough and the offense struggles?

Oh well...my boy is on the rubber tomorrow. 2/3 Brett, get me IGY's cake.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 16, 2008, 09:31:12 PM

cause bourne won the game and when the phils had a chance to tie it in the 9th they had a 57 year old pinch runner when last year they had bourne who was sick

so not only did bourne win the game they also missed him dearly in the late innings when they needed a base stolen to get the runner in scoring position...which by the way is going to be something that hurts them dearly all year and is an underrated aspect they are missing from last year

PhillyPhreak54

He is so off at the plate its ridiculous.

1. Yo Milt, bust out the video tape and show him what he farg he's doing.

2. Howard needs to get his iron glove ass in the cage, after taking a hundred balls at first and work on his farging timing. There is no goddamn reason he should be on his front foot so much. I can understand on a great breaking ball, but on fastballs? Come the farg on. Pull your head outta your ass, Howard.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 16, 2008, 09:35:30 PM

cause bourne won the game and when the phils had a chance to tie it in the 9th they had a 57 year old pinch runner when last year they had bourne who was sick

so not only did bourne win the game they also missed him dearly in the late innings when they needed a base stolen to get the runner in scoring position...which by the way is going to be something that hurts them dearly all year and is an underrated aspect they are missing from last year

a good closer > whatever you just babbled on about
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on April 16, 2008, 09:41:12 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 16, 2008, 09:35:30 PM

a good closer > whatever you just babbled on about

i never said to the contrary...i realize its infathomable to you that the phillies could have made a bad trade but this time i wasnt saying that...just that it was ironic that bourne put his team ahead of the phils with a homer and when they had their chance to come back at the end the player they were most missing was bourne

Rome

Stop misspelling his name.  He's Michael Bourn, not Jason Bourne, dinky head.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

ice grillin you

Rome