2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 03, 2008, 02:29:17 PM
Quote from: SunMo on April 03, 2008, 02:26:28 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 03, 2008, 02:19:08 PM
Quote from: SunMo on April 03, 2008, 01:55:33 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 03, 2008, 01:31:56 PM
The sooner Gillick is gone the better, he's a million times worse than Wade and that's saying something.

hahaha, stop

Eaton, Barajas, Helms, Garcia

Gillick has been a disaster

romero, dobbs, moyer (he's been more good than bad), Iguchi

playoffs

Gillick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wade

The bad FAR outweighs the good. He's been a trainwreck as a GM. Gillick had no hand in them making the playoffs last season. In fact he did more to hurt their chances then he did to help them.

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 03, 2008, 02:26:36 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 03, 2008, 02:19:08 PMEaton, Barajas, Helms, Garcia, Fasano, Alex Gonzalez, Mesa, Alfonseca, Rick White, Ryan Franklin

Gillick has been a disaster

so when ed wade was getting you Turk Wendell and Dennis cook in the push for the playoffs that was better than romero and iguch...interesting

lol at no impact on the playoffs.

get a clue dude
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Wingspan

I'll say this...the biggest weakness during wade's era was the bullpen...and with Cook and Wendell...and Mike Williams...he did try and help that. Albeit by ravaging the minors.

They've needed starters for years now, and Gillick does nothing.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 03, 2008, 02:46:48 PM
this has nothing to do with starts this has to do with the club makeup...you do know that the season goes till october?...and this is what they have till then

There's not a person who has even heard of the phils who believes that.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

kyle loshe was nothing?
freddy garcia was nothing? (i know i'll get a smart ass answer yes, but it was an effort to get a legit starter)

if Gillick hadn't been hamstrung by awful contracts with no-trades that Wade had left him, he would've been left a little more budgetary freedom to do something.

i'm not saying Gillick has been great, but to call him a 'disaster' or say Wade is better is just asinine
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

just to interrupt your infighting....Phils tied up the game still have 2 men on, 1 out and the top of the order up to bat after this pitching change.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SunMo on April 03, 2008, 02:59:31 PM
kyle loshe was nothing?
freddy garcia was nothing? (i know i'll get a smart ass answer yes, but it was an effort to get a legit starter)

Garcia was his worst move by far because he not only committed $10 million to him he also gave up Gonzalez and Floyd

Bums might actually take the lead.

BigEd76

Wingspan

kyle loshe was nothing?

if Gillick hadn't been hamstrung by awful contracts with no-trades that Wade had left him, he would've been left a little more budgetary freedom to do something.

i'm not saying Gillick has been great, but to call him a 'disaster' or say Wade is better is just asinine

Lohse was no different than getting Dennis Cook or Mike Williams at the deadline. Lohse worked out.

The Garcia should never have been an option, he was hurt, and everyone knew it, that was one of the dumbest moves in 10 years.

I didnt say Wade was better than Gillick. But wade wasnt all bad.

Connection Problems

SD_Eagle5

He was hamstrung yet got to spend $20 to spend. okay. He's been a disaster.

No doubt the bullpen blows this one

PhillyGirl

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 03, 2008, 03:10:20 PM
wtf they're winning

did you miss that? I almost did too...Chase just hit into a ridiculously dumb DP, but a hell of an inning.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

are you friggin serious....i turned it off

there goes my great fantasy pick up
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

hahaa, yeah, its 7-6.

And not sure if it was mentioned, but I love these unis.

Madsen goes 1-2-3...Howard leading off bottom of the 7th.

Wheels was just talking about how Gordon would close this game out and it made my skin crawl.

PhillyGirl

Rome

Amazing how this team can get men on base with none out as frequently as they do and get nothing out of it.

2nd & 3rd with none out and they can't get a run home.

Incredible.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Rome on April 03, 2008, 03:31:09 PM
Amazing how this team can get men on base with none out as frequently as they do and get nothing out of it.

2nd & 3rd with none out and they can't get a run home.

Incredible.

You apparently missed the 6th inning?