QB scenario

Started by Susquehanna Birder, November 22, 2006, 09:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 22, 2006, 01:57:47 PM
Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on November 22, 2006, 09:47:59 AM
Do you think that Reid could start over with a new franchise QB if he had the opportunity to take one with a high first-round draft pick?

In a word, no.  Unless it were determined that McNabb will never play another down of football, Reid is going to stick with him. 

Besides, this team isn't bad enough to rebuild yet.  Unfortunately, they aren't good enough to legitmately contend for anything beyond a wild card spot at best. 

Note that I said "could," not "would." Meaning do you think he's capable of doing it?

Father Demon

I sway between a 4 and a 6, so I'll go with 5.  McNabb is still the man until proven otherwise, but I would not be against drafting a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on November 22, 2006, 02:28:55 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 22, 2006, 01:57:47 PM
Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on November 22, 2006, 09:47:59 AM
Do you think that Reid could start over with a new franchise QB if he had the opportunity to take one with a high first-round draft pick?

In a word, no. Unless it were determined that McNabb will never play another down of football, Reid is going to stick with him.

Besides, this team isn't bad enough to rebuild yet. Unfortunately, they aren't good enough to legitmately contend for anything beyond a wild card spot at best.

Note that I said "could," not "would." Meaning do you think he's capable of doing it?

I know what ya meant.  And the answer remains the same.  Reid will stick with McNabb until death do them part.  I mean that literally too.  Reid's mormon and allowed to have multiple wives.  So he probably married McNabb in a private ceremony.

mpmcgraw

Quote from: mussa on November 22, 2006, 10:26:49 AM
Desperate franchises will give their left nut for a QB like McNabb.  The thing is as long as the offensive scheme stays the same, maybe a select few QB's(Brady, Manning) would be able to do better than McNabb.  Even if the Birds had Brady or Manning, next year with the same offensive playcalling, they wouldn't win the superbowl.  If we had a dominant run game, with the personell to compliment that, I think we might have a chance.  We could put an ok QB at the helm and tell him to throw 15-20 passes a game.  The only way I would trade McNabb was if this was the scheme and the guy we got in return was a top 5 RB in the league to compliment that run style.  Possibly have extra money from McNabb's contract to look for a mid-top level linebacker also...I mean I can dream about this on and on....REGGIE BUSH!!
You wouldnt be able to win in the NFL only passing 15-20 times in the game.  That is no better than what Reid does.

The key is balance.  (obviously)

Eaglez

shorebird