2007 Fantasy Football Who To Start Thread

Started by ice grillin you, September 06, 2007, 10:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

Word. That trade would never fly in my money league, no way it would make it through the voting.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Wingspan

Of the following RBs...pick 2 (for RB2 and Flex)

Thomas Jones @ Baltimore
Carnell Williams vs Saints (I also have pittman in case Caddy doesnt make it)
DeAngelo Williams vs Houston
LenDale White vs Indy
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

cadillac and then id probably go with jones...hes against baltimore but hes gettin all the carries and with clemens starting they are gonna try and ride him

if you dont feel comfortable starting a rb vs the balt d then flip a coin btwn lendale and de angelo...id go with deangelo tho since carolina should be up against houston most of the game and running more vs indy probably waxing tenn and the titans throwing more
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Quote from: reese125 on September 13, 2007, 08:26:15 AM
QuoteI have Northcutt at #3 WR

your opponent this week just did a backflip

QuotePick my #2 RB

Marion Barber

Yeah the first league is 14 teams so the rosters are pretty deep. Which explains why I picked up Jason Avant.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SunMo

3rd wideout in a PPR league:

Lav Coles
or
Santonio Holmes

normally i go coles but with them playing Baltimore and having Clemens as the quarterback, i'm leaning towards Holmes against buffalo.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

id leave the spot empty...i dont like either of those choices

SunMo

heyyyyyyyyyyyy...i'm playing you, that would give you an advantage, i think you're trying to mess me up!

ice grillin you

reese125

Quote from: SunMo on September 14, 2007, 09:05:39 AM
3rd wideout in a PPR league:

Lav Coles
or
Santonio Holmes

normally i go coles but with them playing Baltimore and having Clemens as the quarterback, i'm leaning towards Holmes against buffalo.

Holmes. Buf is beat up in the secondary so look for Holmes to get open often

I have Coles too Mo, and I cant justify playing him against that D for a QB first start.

SunMo

ice grillin you

im starting eric johnson over tony gonzalez today....is that dumb?

Diomedes

Johnson got the ball a lot in week one, and the Bears should limit Gonzalez.  So I'd say no.  It's not dumb.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

PhillyPhanInDC

I personally think Gonzalez is done as a fantasy stud at his position. There are a lot of middle-of-the-pack TEs I'd snag before him in a draft, as I think his value is about the same anymore. Eric Johnson is one of those. I don't think the game against the Colts is an indicator of who the Saints will use him all year, but he still has a much better chance to produce week-to-week than Gonzalez, as he should be in a rediculous offense.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I saw this under "key matchups" on PE.com, and I'm feeling good about starting Cooley:

SLB Gocong vs. TE Cooley
The taterskins will put Cooley in motion, run behind him, use him as a decoy to open up space for the wide receiver and is also QB Jason Campbell's favorite target.