Need CFFFL playoff teams to vote immediately

Started by MURP, December 11, 2004, 12:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

Jones, PG, Dio, bionic, mussa, CSD etc....   Zanshin's team has 3 defenders and 1 of them (antoine winfield) has been listed as injured and out for this week.  The add drop period ended on Wed so he wont have 3 defenders to start.   If you guys ok it,  than I will allow him drop Winfield and add one defensive player so he can put a full team out there.   If you think it is an unfair advantage that is fine too.  I need you to vote on this right now so I have this finished by tonight.  Thanks.

Diomedes

The deadline for add drops was Wednesday at noon.  Is there a compelling reason we should make an exception to that rule?  Was Zanshin unable to make add/drops for some reason or something?  I don't want to make an exception just because one of his players is injured. 

I'm leaning no unless there are some extraordinary circumstances.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

I vote "yes." :paranoid.

Just a little history-- Winfield was just ruled out today.  If I'd had that information earlier, I would have done it then.  It's not like I want to pick off other players, or get recently dropped guys...it's a clear injury situation.

I'd hate to have to not fill a spot in the playoffs just because somebody in the AFC dropped his team and forced the lockdown.

CSD

I vote no.

Not unless we are willing to make this exception available to everyone whenever this situation arises.

Zanshin

I don't see why playing in the playoffs should be different than the regular season.  So, if someone loses their QB in the playoffs, that's it for them?  It's not like that in the regular season, why now...as long as there isn't any funny business going on.  Which there clearly isn't?

mussa

I say no, tough shtein.  Injuries happen all the time. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

No reason to be a fleshpophead about it, Mussa.

Injuries happen during the season, too...and you can do something about it.  Why is it different now?

PhillyGirl

Sorry Zanshin....I can't say yes to this. You should have stacked more than 3 def. players on your roster...just to be safe. If one of my players went down in practice today, I wouldn't expect the rules to be changed for me.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Zanshin

I guess I don't understand the purpose of the rule.  Why is it different now than during the season?  It's like two different games.  I thought it was just because JTrotter fan dropped his dudes.

Make no mistake, I'll beat your asses anyway...but I'm not sure I understand why the strategy is suddenly different in the playoffs than it was during the season.

CSD

PhillyGirl

I don't recall being able to drop/add in the playoffs last year either?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Zanshin

Let's just say I'm stupid....can anyone explain the logic behind being able to make moves for injuries during the season, but not in the playoffs?

And don't misconstrue this as whining.  I can't make the injury replacement.  I'll live.  But I really don't understand the intent of the rule.

CSD

It's not just injuries. What's to stop people from making moves to get better matchups?

MURP

I allowed a few days to make roster add/drops before the freeze took place so there was time for everyone to get enough bench players at whatever position they chose.   Every playoff team is in the same boat.   The rules were clear and nobody argued the point at that time.