Quick Fantasy Questions

Started by MDS, October 25, 2004, 03:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

1. Tonight I have Chad Johnson, he has nothing. I'm up by a little more than 2pts. Its -2pts for a fumble, 1pt for a reception and 1pt per 10 rec. yards. I'm way down in points, and need anything I can get. Should I start Chad?

2. My Qb's are McNair and Carr. My Wr's are Holt, Chad Johnson, Fitzgerald, Morton, Colbert and I just picked up McCardell. I was offered Fitzgerald for Matt Hasselbeck. Should I do it?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MURP

1.   uhhh.. if Chad Johnson is all you have why wouldnt you start him?

2.  sure, why not. 

MDS

Could risk a few fumbles, something freakish happening. I have the win right now, but need the points.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Zanshin

I'd start Chad, if points could be a factor for you later in the season.  Also, Yahoo has made point adjustments during the week, so that's always a risk, being only up by two.  I don't think Chad will finish with negative numbers.

As for the trade, I'd probably do it.  McCardell should be about equal to Fitzgerald in the points department over the course of the season, anyway.

Philly_Crew

Start Johnson.  I highly doubt you will get negative points since you get 1 pt/reception and CJ is all they have.

Is this a start 2 or 3 WR league?  If it is a start 3WR league I would not do it.  Carr has already had his bye week and I don't see you starting Hasselbeck over him unless Carr gets injured.  Of course, Fitzgerald may cool off once Boldin comes back. 

MDS

Well Hasselbeck would be the option over McNair IMO. Carr's goin start for me next week, as I'm readdy to take a gun a shoot McNair in the head for the shtein he's pulled this year. Fitzgerald is one in a long line for my 3rd WR's. Its a tossup which one is goin have the good week among Morton, Colbert and McCardell.

Diomedes

Start Chad for the reason Philly_Crew gave.  Make the trade because Hasselbeck will be no better than Carr or McNair over the rest of the season, and Fitzgerald is going to keep catching touchdowns.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MURP

if Johnson gets negative points god hates you and would screw you over in the long run anyway. ;)

you need overall points so go for em.

Zanshin

Quote from: Diomedes on October 25, 2004, 03:45:17 PM
Start Chad for the reason Philly_Crew gave. Make the trade because Hasselbeck will be no better than Carr or McNair over the rest of the season, and Fitzgerald is going to keep catching touchdowns.

In that case, you mean don't make the trade.  He has Fitzgerald now....

MDS

Quote from: MURP on October 25, 2004, 03:45:26 PM
if Johnson gets negative points god hates you and would screw you over in the long run anyway. ;)

you need overall points so go for em.

Well I've never won anything in fantasy and I am a Philly sports fan. So maybe God hates me.  :paranoid

Diomedes

Oh, excuse me.  I misunderstood the last sentence.  Do not make that trade.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

MDS it should be obvious that God hates all of us.   Witness Deion's two INTs last week, for example.  What kind of world...?

Diomedes

MDS

I did....I also made the trade.

Now, I've got another issue. An injuried Chris Brown or an injured Brian Westbrook.  :paranoid