Started by ice grillin you, April 28, 2013, 12:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on April 29, 2013, 09:07:37 AM
Quote from: BigEd76 on April 28, 2013, 08:24:52 PM
J's gonna get his ass beat if he says "geaux"

hahaha... legit.

hahaha nice

My guy that I work with out of the parent company office is an LSU grad and he's all fired up

Don Ho

Sal Pal got Mikey Miss all on board the Tevon Austin thing last week.  Sal wanted it so bad he almost sounded as sickening as Rick Reilly.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

QuoteIn new head coach Chip Kelly's offense, you must have...
In this new Chip Kelly offense, there is a demand for...
Chip Kelly's offense requires...

No one knows what kind of system Kelly is going to run, so all of these evaluations are based on bullshtein.  These guys know about as much as I do.

QuoteUntil we know more about Chip Kelly's plans....

The SI eval gets my attention because they start out by admitting that it's difficult to judge the draft without knowing what Kelly will do.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

Dio nails it. Can Dio get a bronze statue at the hall of CF'ers?

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

reese125

chip kelly is so mysterious.

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 29, 2013, 10:35:30 AMi agree with pretty much all that except the take on the barkley pick....first of all how could they say he will never start for them and secondly they traded a 7th rounder to move up three spots...how can you be mad at that....its basically as minimal a trade up as you can get

On the opposite side of stupidity, Les Bowen said:

QuoteGiven the fact that the team traded up to be in position to take him, with a porous secondary still unaddressed in the draft, you'd have to think Barkley is Kelly's quarterback of the future.

Yeah by giving up that precious seventh rounder, they have little choice but to start Barkley.

methdeez

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 29, 2013, 06:25:50 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 29, 2013, 10:35:30 AMi agree with pretty much all that except the take on the barkley pick....first of all how could they say he will never start for them and secondly they traded a 7th rounder to move up three spots...how can you be mad at that....its basically as minimal a trade up as you can get

On the opposite side of stupidity, Les Bowen said:

QuoteGiven the fact that the team traded up to be in position to take him, with a porous secondary still unaddressed in the draft, you'd have to think Barkley is Kelly's quarterback of the future.

Yeah by giving up that precious seventh rounder, they have little choice but to start Barkley.
It was a perfectly timed move, considering that 4 QBs come off the board then. If they hadn't traded up they probably would not have gotten him. He was the consensus best QB still on the board at that time.

ice grillin you

nm
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/205650021.html

pretty balanced analysis from someone w/o a dog in the hunt.

PhillyPhreak54

Nice read and fair analysis

ice grillin you

its pretty much identical to mine but im a hater

PhillyPhreak54

Your Bennie Logan analysis is haterish.

ice grillin you

if he stinks he stinks...i can only go by what i see....the exec said his play didnt show much but hes a leader...sounds like the polite version of what i said....hes a vanilla guy who wont produce in the nfl imo....i think im also more harsh on him because of where he was chosen and the other directions they could have gone in...whereas the guy domo is interviewing is strictly evaluating the player not the pick

PhillyPhreak54

Well you gotta be about the player now. We can lament the fact that maybe Damontre Moore should've been the guy or someone else but this is who they've got. So either he balls out or crashes and burns.

I like his game because I like the well rounded DL who can anchor the run but push the pocket a bit. I think he will be a guy who is solid but not spectacular

He's better than some clown like Bryan Smith, Chris Gocong or whatever project they used to pick up and try to sell as some diamond in the rough.

shorebird

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 01, 2013, 09:15:32 PM
He's better than some clown like Bryan Smith, Chris Gocong or whatever project they used to pick up and try to sell as some diamond in the rough.

Ain't that the truth.