Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

theres actually a strip club around the corner from my office thats half whores and half sports bar but the sports bar part leans soccer....

ill be motoboating a liver curtain while russell is watching liverpool
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

:-D

Half titty bar, half sports bar? Interesting.

ice grillin you

fast eddies/archibalds

Rome

I think we can all agree that Boston sucks.

Diomedes

And that Soccer is the greatest sport on earth.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

Let's just make it clear that currently Mexico has such a zesty team, it couldn't suck its way out of a paper dick bag.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Seabiscuit36

You would know. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

QB Eagles

David Akers playing around with the US national team this morning

The soccer team was kicking field goals and then Akers played some goaltender and took some penalty shots. Both sides looked pretty good at either sport.

Diomedes

Santino Quaranta is a Baltimore boy.  Highlandtown.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on July 15, 2009, 10:07:11 PM

The soccer team was kicking field goals and then Akers played some goaltender and took some penalty shots. Both sides looked pretty good at either sport.

i assume they weren't in the meadowlands then. 

ice grillin you

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 16, 2009, 09:45:51 AM
Quote from: QB Eagles on July 15, 2009, 10:07:11 PM

i assume they weren't in the meadowlands then. 

nor where they at the University of Phoenix Stadium.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

World Cup Qualifying Standings for CONCACAF.

U.S. came from behind yesterday to defeat El Salvador and add three important points to their World Cup qualifying attempt.  They are now tied with Honduras at 13 points, with Mexico and Costa Rica rounding out the top four with 12 points each.  Trinidad and Tobago, and El Salvador each have five points at the bottom of the bracket.  Top three teams make the World Cup, and the fourth team faces a playoff game versus a CONMEBOL runner up.

U.S. faces Trinidad and Tobago on Wednesday night.  After that game, they visit Honduras on Oct. 10 and host Costa Rica at RFK on Oct. 14th.  I might be able to go to the RFK game.

rjs246

The US dominated yesterday's game and should have had two more goals, easily. Until the CONCACAF countries improve the US will never get enough work against top flight teams to do anything of note at the World Cup.

Also, yesterday's game might have been the worst officiated game I've ever seen. At least two blatant takedowns in the penalty area (one for each side) and a ghost offsides that negated a second goal by Altidore were the most obvious. Awful stuff.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Jozy Altidore is a real bright spot on the U.S. Soccer horizon.  Dude keeps getting better.