The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

stern is the best

he saw an opportunity to steal headlines for a day when theres an nfl game and did it. you all fell for the okie doke again.

stern is cackling and rolling a blunt next to pop right now.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

sounds neato........but NO

tnt went off on him for what the spurs were doing and because he took so much heat from a customer who pays him a lot of money troll got pissed
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

this isnt the first time a good team has rested their star players. maybe its the first time it was done on a national tv game (the only reason this is even a story), but whatever.

stern saw an open door to make a show of it, get people talking and create a story that will last a news cycle or two. mission accomplished.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

DH

i agree..not only is this not the first time a team has done this, its also not the first time pop has...he did it last year on more than one occasion. tv money at its best.

ice grillin you

teams throwing the second half of seasons to get the number one pick = cool

teams resting their players for one game = not cool

PhillyPhreak54

Stern fined the Spurs $250k

What a joke

Diomedes

Ouch.

This guy reminds me of Dan Snyder.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

I don't get it.  Pop has been doing this shtein for years and suddenly it's a problem now?  I know he did it last year vs the Lakers and at least 1 other team.  Not to mention that the Spurs had the lead with less than 30 seconds left.  If they got blown out by 30, I could sort of understand Stern being pissed because that makes for bad tv, but anyone who watched actually saw a pretty good game. 

And lol @ Stern for hiding behind the fans.  He doesn't give a damn about fans being pissed off for spending a few extra bucks on tickets to a marquee matchup.  But even that was the source of his anger, farg the fans anyway.  When you buy a ticket you're paying to see 2 teams play each other.  There's no guarantee that this player or that player will be on the floor.  Your ticket says "Spurs vs Heat" not "Duncan vs LeBron."   

Also, the fine is a nice fu to Peter Holt.  Wasn't he more or less Stern's right hand man during the lockout.  Loyalty gets you no where.   

ice grillin you

lakers about to lose to the magic at home and rather handily

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhreak54

lol...his personality fits San Antonio well...non-descript and boring

hbionic

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 02, 2012, 11:52:05 PM
lakers about to lose to the magic at home and rather handily

This is news? farg the Lakers. Sloppy pieces of shtein.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

bullets about to beat the heat