The Rest of the NBA

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2004, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

do you know how sports work?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

He roots for the phillies so according to Amaro he's a moron who doesn't get it.

phattymatty

if the cavs somehow win the title, will lou admundson and dion waiters get rings? serious question.

ice grillin you

im pretty sure its up to the individual team but don't quote me on that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I gotta think they get rings especially after the way they were totally farged over by the Cavs GM.

shtein, they gave a ring to Dave Spadaro when the Birds won the NFCCG.  No on the $$ shares, though.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on May 28, 2015, 02:37:51 PM
do you know how sports work?

No please tell me how. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on why a week delay is good.

ice grillin you

builds hype....nba is in so many ways is trying to emulate the nfl....primarily by trying to be a 365 day a year league....this week off is their superbowl week

also obviously allows them to set up the tv schedule just as they want

PhillyPhreak54

I get that but I hate how long the playoffs take. The right thing to do would be to have game 1 Sunday afternoon/evening

BTW the Bulls firing Thibodeau was stupid

MDS

the finals schedule is set weeks ahead of time....they have hotels booked, tons of media and people coming in from around the world. they have ads sold according to the pre-set dates. this is the real world, the big boy league. it aint about you and your preferences. welcome to capitalism, young buck.

the week also builds up as havas said. their hope was to have 3 days or so and both conference finals to go 7, but that didnt happen. they cant just drop everything and start the finals because the other series ended early. it doesnt and cannot work like that. this isnt a district baseball game between katy cinco ranch and katy seven lakes you small time texan.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

I'll wait until July 4th as long as I don't have to see Curry's kid at another post game presser.  Waiting for a reporter to bludgeon her with a laptop.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Extended stretches between games isn't unusual for the NFL.  It's SOP whereas going an entire week between NBA games is an eternity.  LOL @ building excitement, though, although they were smart enough to make sure LeBron is in the Finals.  At least someone outside of Cleveland & the Bay Area MIGHT watch a game or two.

ice grillin you

while its not always a week theres always a significant break before the nba finals starts....this is nothing new for them.....and id be very suprised if steph vs lebron doesnt get good numbers for an nba final....i know im watching every non blowout minute of every game....i think its gonna be a great final

also the week off this year is particularly helpful cause it will allow kyrie and klay to mend up and you want both teams at 100%

SunMo

both series went 5 games, an extended break was inevitable.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Oh I agree that it's not unusual especially with quick resolutions of the conference series. I just thought the building hype comment was funny.

But yeah, Lebron V Steph has the potential to be fun to watch.

Better than Atlanta/Houston by light years. 

ice grillin you

trust me they want a build up to game 1...espn will be covering this non stop for the next week....the league loves that