Rest Of Baseball - 2021

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 07, 2021, 12:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

The Same people who hate on baseball worship the league that has been owned by Tom Brady and a bunch of maga loving midget receivers averaging 4 yards a catch for the last twenty years
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Hey, i'm so desperate those receivers would be an upgrade for the birds. 

Those who hate baseball, pay a few extra bucks and sit close to the field of play and watch these guys in person.  After seeing players like Ohtani and the most of the Dodgers roster in person, yes even a few Phillies, it has rejuvinated my love for the sport.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

I feel the same way about Chris Davis.  Invigorating.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 16, 2021, 12:55:01 AM
The Same people who hate on baseball worship the league that has been owned by Tom Brady and a bunch of maga loving midget receivers averaging 4 yards a catch for the last twenty years

I don't know who you're talking about but I have watched almost no football since the birds won it all. It's been absolutely farging glorious to not feel the need to give a shtein about the NFL and all of its attendant bullshtein.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

I've watched almost no NFL other than Eagles for years.  The Eagles are an addiction that I can't break.  The NFL is run by the worst of the worst in our society and the players aren't much better either.  There's exceptions, of course, but few worry mentioning. 

The phony patriotism is one thing but the "shut up and play" crowd nearly put an end to it for me.

I've said it for so long, it's a broken record... NFL fans are the worst, and sadly, that includes Eagles fans.   

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

Shots fired outside of Nats stadium. Game suspended
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 20, 2021, 08:46:21 PM
Cool story here

Almost as if it didn't really happen and was invented after Perry hit a homer on moon shot day.

MDS

slight technicality - armstrong did not step foot on the moon until 10/11 at night. so the homer happened before that.

i am fun
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on July 20, 2021, 11:03:39 PM
slight technicality - armstrong did not step foot on the moon until 10/11 at night. so the homer happened before that.

i am fun

Moon landing was at 4:17 EDT, which is the equivalent of 1:17 PM PDT.  Perry played in Los Angeles that day.

Armstrong's first step on the moon was at 10:56 EDT, which would be 7:56 PM PDT.

Perry played a day game (starting at 1 PM PDT), and hit the home run in the top of the 3rd inning.

The game time was a quick (by today's standards, REALLY quick) 2:27.

So, the Apollo 11 rocket landed about 17 minutes after the scheduled first pitch.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

seems like a drama queen move
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah it is.

Unless he's been punished with a ship out by Drunken Tony for hitting that homer on a 3-0 count

MDS

i dont think that really had anything to do with him being sent down. hes a DH only and he wasnt hitting for a time. he obviously feels hurt over it and is like why am i not up farg this shtein im done

he will be back either in a week or when he realized bills aint gonna pay themselves